Texas-Austin
Options

Simple Wedding Cake

Hi everyone. I've kind of put cake off to the last minute (not really LAST minute, but the wedding is August 19).

Any idea of a super inexpensive, simple bakery I could go with in Austin? 

Re: Simple Wedding Cake

• Options
    edited December 2011

We're getting our "cake" from galaxy bakery in georgetown.  Shannon is awesome and I think his real cakes are probably fairly inexpensive.  If my memory serves me correctly, he said $2.50?

• Options
    rerawaltrerawalt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cakes by Rosemary taste fabulous and she is $1.75 a serving.  She only does one cake a day (I think) but I would give her a call.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Gayle @ 512-694-4710.  She does cakes as a side business - I think I paid $2/slice for my cake, and $1/slice for grooms cake or something close to that.  She has kind of an abrupt personality, but don't be put off by it - her cakes are fantastic!  She'll come to you for a free tasting. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    "There is a fine line between a princess and a witch...thinking you're one does NOT give you the right to act like the other." my grandmother
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing mine w rosemary as well. Yummy!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Nothing Bundt Cakes in Cedar Park.  When I went to the bridal expo, it was the most moist and yummy cake I tasted that day.  I also liked that it wasn't super sugary like typical wedding cake.  You can see them behind the grooms giant zinger cake in the picture below.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards