Texas-Austin
Options

Super Market Flowers?

Has anyone used a supermarket, ANY supermarket for their bouquets?  My FH and I don't really go in for flowers all that much and we are doing almost all of our Decor DIY.  We really only need corsages and some loose flowers and perhaps my bouquet from a florist and we do NOT want to spend over $150 on just my bouquet. So I was wondering if anyone had any experience with supermarket flowers in the Austin area.  We doing an out of town wedding (and out of state) so I can't just walk in somewhere and check it out myself.  Any input would be helpful!  Even info on a local flower mart.  Thanks!

Re: Super Market Flowers?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think most people choose HEB Central Market when going to a grocery store for a florist. As far as DIY flowers, most people go to SAM's or COSTCO.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree Costco has very nice bouquets at a great deal. They are seasonal so the type will vary
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    may2005may2005 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Another place, close by to Central Market (about 1/2 mile west) is Austin Flower Company, 1612 West 35th, Austin.  (512) 451-6447.  This is a wholesale flower vendor where you can just select the flowers you want and DIY.

We used Donna Foster with Central Market Floral Dept.  I was extremely pleased with her flowers and the price of everything.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I haven't used them yet but I work for HEB and know some of the stores have awesome florists. For example, the one in Westlake (360/Bee Caves) and the one at Anderson Mill/620. I've seen them working on stuff for weddings and it's always beautiful. Central Market does a great job, too, but I don't know how the prices differ.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We ended up using Donna at Central Market for all of our floral needs.  We were originally going the DIY route to cut costs, but she was able to do everything for us at close to the same cost.  She is wonderful and does great work.  She doesn't do email, but returns her voicemails regularly.  Here is a pic of my bouquet and everything else she did for us was just as beautiful!

• Options
    SeanchrysSeanchrys member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sunny Landerosa is awesome! She will oder your flowers at cost, and make the bridal bouquet then, assist you and the girls in making the other flowers arrangements. She is OUTSTANDING!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards