Texas-Austin

Mercury Hall or Chateau??

Well it looks like it's going to be between Mercury Hall and Chateau Bellevue, Home of the Austin Woman's Club. I was seeing if anyone could give me ANY input on these two venues- been to a wedding there? got married there? anything helps!

Thanks!Laughing
~Angie Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Mercury Hall or Chateau??

• edited December 2011
    I really like Mercury Hall, it is unique and very "Austin" to me. One thing to consider, and I have this problem with my venue too, is that it is right off of a busy road, and if you have your ceremony outside, you might deal with some road noise. I have only been to one wedding there, and the ceremony was inside.
  • edited December 2011
    i got married at the mercury hall and have been to other events there (weddings, halloween parties, benefits, work event, etc).  i love the place and could not find one bad thing to say about it.  the hall is off busy south 1st street, but it's fairly well secluded and i've never experienced road noise - including during ceremonies outside.  let me know if you'd like to know any specifics, i'd be happy to elaborate.
  • edited December 2011
    In previous brides reviews there have been issues with the coordinator at Chateau.  SO unless the coordinator has changed, you might want to give that some consideration.  You might try using the search function on the board to read reviews about both places.  Mercury Hall is perfect if you're going for an Austin-y vibe.  GL!
  • edited December 2011
    LOVE Mercury Hall. Period.
    ~ Trish Finfer
    Blog

• edited December 2011
    i am getting married at the Chateau and while Amber (the manager/ coordinator) can be hard to reach sometimes she will ALWAYS get back to you. I loved the fact that it was great venue in Rain or Shine and that everything that came with it was of a higher quality then other venues (the chairs are like real dinning room chairs not just white fold up things and the china was nice too) I also liked that the Chateau was in a much nicer neighborhood, a lot of our guest are flying in to TX for the first time, and the Chateau gives a much better first impression neighborhood wise than Mercury Hall did. I think it really comes down to what YOUR taste/ wants and needs are though. I loved the all inclusive and luxury nature of the Chateau, and I went in knowing that the coordinator was harder to get through too (she is the only employee outside of the in house caterer and grounds keepers so she is not primarily a wedding coordinator ). I hope this helps!
    soontobepruet
  • edited December 2011
    My partner is a caterer who often does weddings at Mercury Hall.  I like the space a lot.  Does it fit enough people for you?  If you want to talk to him about possible catering or what the space is like, feel free to contact him- www.ecstaticcuisine.com. His name is Jesse.  We are getting married at House on the Hill in a few months.

Warmly,
    Lauren
  • Angie10726Angie10726 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for the recommendations everyone! We have put a deposit down on the Chateau! :)
    ~Angie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • AlexhobbsAlexhobbs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sweet! what day are you getting married at the Chateau? I just booked that place there myself!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards