Texas-Austin

winter wedding

hey everyone! My FI and I were suppose to get married on May 12, 2012 but due to a very unexpected deployment (grrr) the date has changed! We are now getting married December 1, 2012 and are looking to do a rustic winter wedding. I'm in search of s venue with a rustic feel with an indoor reception location. A venue with both indoor/outdoor capabilities is also great. Any help that you may have is greatly appreciated!

Thank you!
April 2012 Siggy Challenge: Bouquet Inspiration Photobucket

Re: winter wedding

• edited December 2011
    We just attended a wedding a few weeks ago that fits your theme perfectly.  Memory Lane Event Center.  It's in Dripping Springs but the drive wasn't too bad honestly.  And they had shuttle buses to accomodate guests that didn't want to deal with the drive.  HTH
  • edited December 2011
    Memory Lane looks great. Thank you! From a guests perspective, how did the event turn out if you don't mind me asking?
    April 2012 Siggy Challenge: Bouquet Inspiration Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I had a wonderful time there...the only thing I will say about the venue is the women's bathroom was a bit unique in that, they have two commodes but there are no stalls - open seating if you will.  LOL  I wasn't comfortable with that so, I would have purchased a nice partition to allow a bit of privacy.  Other than that, the room was huge, lots of space to spread out.  My friends had over 200 guests and even though we were in close proximity, it still didn't feel crowded.  The outside cermony was beautiful and they grounds were very lush.  Overall, I thought it was a fantastic place for a wedding.  :)
  • MnMShawMnMShaw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Reunion Ranch in Georgetown.
    Blog
    TTC #1 since February 2011
    BFP #1 1/14/12 EDD 9/24/12 m/c at 8w4d on 2/20/12
    March 2012- Dx with PCOS, started metformin
    July 2012- SA completely normal
  • edited December 2011
    vista west ranch in dripping springs :) getting married there in 6 weeks!

• SeanchrysSeanchrys member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Vista Ranch is great, also Star Hill Ranch!

• For those of you who have had your wedding at Vista Ranch, how much might I expect to pay for the venue?!  I am so in love with this wedding and unfortunately am working with a pretty confined budget.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!!  I am also interested in a rustic, winter wedding and just love love love loveeee this venue!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards