Texas-Austin
Options

February Wedding

Because of a family situation, I am going to have to sacrifice the fall wedding I've always wanted and get married in February.  I always wanted to have the reception outdoors, or at least partially outdoors, so this is pretty disappointing for me.  It seems like many of the venues in Austin are ideal for warm weather.  Does anyone have suggestions on good venues for winter weddings?

Re: February Wedding

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married in December at Kindred Oaks in Cedar Park. They have a great rain/cold weather plan. I would deff. check out there website.

www.kindredoaks.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    you never know what the weather in austin is going to do.  a friend of mine had an outdoor ceremony on january 2 last year and it was sunshine and clear skies, probably in the 80s, we were all absolutely comfortable in our strapless dresses.  i'm getting married at the mercury hall (typically the ceremony is outside, reception inside, you can also rent a tent or move the ceremony inside), but there are many other beautiful venues in austin that can accomodate different weather scenarios.  i'm sure the other ladies on this board will chime in.  best of luck!
  • Options
    sheadaysheaday member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Texas Old Town in December. Like others have said- you really can't predict how winter weather will be. We're planning to have the ceremony outside as it will only be a 20ish min ceremony and hope that if it is too cold, that people can make it through for 20mins. Then we'll have the reception inside.

I know many venues offer rain/weather plans as well- The Allen House, the Winfield Inn, just a couple off the top of my head.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I ditto what the others have said. You never know if it will warm or cold in Feb. So don't worry - pick a venue that has a good rain/cold plan and hope for a beautiful Feb. day and have it outside. If not the rain/cold plan kicks in. There are only a few venues that I visited that I would say have limited options due to space if everything has to be inside. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Nature's Point in Lago Vista has a really nice outdoor space but a beautiful indoor space in case or rain/cold. I would check it out because it'd be beautiful either way!

• Options
    erolliserollis member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Kindred Oaks! There prices are comparable but if you need to save some money look into there retro wedding package. We are going with them for many different reasons. Our first impression was there website (FI is a web person/ what he went to school for) and he thought it was the best one he had seen out of all of the other places we looked at. Also they were the one of the few places that got back to me promptly after I left a message (some places never called me back).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married at the Allan House in December.  The main space is outside, but in the winter they provide a heated tent, so you can have the outdoors and still keep your guests comfortable if the weather doesn't cooperate.   This was a great bonus for us, we loved the location and feel of the Allan House, but one of the reasons we choose the date we did was to get the tent for free.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we're getting married at barr mansion in february 2011. they have a fabulous contingency plan and you can decide to move it indoors at the last minute (they have tents there). this is what we are doing, and just hoping for the best!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Nature's Point and I know they had a wedding or two there this past February b/c I visited the property the day after.  They have propane heaters so the dinner and dancing was still outside on the deck.  The grass was green and there were plenty of flowers planted.  Even in winter, the view of the lake is the same...spectacular!

• Options
    JudieNJudieN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married in December at Villa Antonia, the outdoor spaces are beautiful there, so we are hoping for the best weather wise - but if not they have a separate chapel space and indoor ballroom-like space for the reception, I liked that we could have both the ceremony and reception inside at the same venue if necessary, but they were still separate spaces, so there would be no need for last minute tent-rental or shuffling around of tables and such in between.
    But, as everyone else said, you never know with Austin weather - so it could be beautiful weather on your date in February!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married at Vista on Seward Hill on March 5, 2011.  Part of the reason I chose them (I saw 9 different Austin venues!) is that they have a great rain plan!  We are hoping to get married outside, but you never know about weather.  And...no flipping the room or anything as they have separate spaces for repection and after dinner dancing/toasts anyway.  Also, its really beautiful and I have only heard great things from other brides who have gotten married there:)  Oh, plus, you can bring in your own booze so that is gonna save us money!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married Feb. 27, 2011 :) and we are getting married at Villa Antonia in Jonestown technically.

http://www.villaantonia.com/

We were between that and Nature's Point. Both are GORGEOUS! I was just going for more of a fairytale vibe. I would recommend either :)

Good luck!
    Anniversary Vacation
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards