Texas-Austin

Where to register??

Trying to narrow down where we want to register and wondering how many places are too many? I'm having a hard time finding everything we want to ask for in a couple of places. Also, I've heard you can register at multiple places and somehow they appear all together on one registry - anyone know how/where I can do that? 

Re: Where to register??

• edited December 2011
    I am not sure of the one where you can combine the different registries, but I thought it was normal to go to a couple of places. I have heard that it is best to do a low end, but good quality one, and then a middle one, and a little ritzier. But I am by no means a professional at that.

I think we are going to register at Kohls, Bed Bath and Beyond, and maybe Target. :) Are you trying to redo your entire house?
  • mistyleonmistyleon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have heard that three registries is a good rule of thumb.  We are currently registered at Crate & Barrel and Williams Sonoma, but I think which places you pick depends a lot on what you need/want.   We just tried to focus on the stores that carry what we actually need (mostly kitchen stuff) and registering for plenty of lower cost items, so that no one feels pressured to buy us expensive gifts.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • SarahPLizSarahPLiz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can combine registries and register at places that don't have registries at www.myregistry.com

We registered at BBB for a  brick and mortar store, and myregistry.com for things that we could only find, or were better prices, online. I also used it to register for stuff at IKEA. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • sheadaysheaday member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're registered at Bed Bath Beyond and Target as they carried everything we needed/wanted.
  • edited December 2011
    we've registered for three as well:  bed, bath & beyond, honeyfund (honeymoon registry) and a charitable donation.  had one shower so far - guests picked from all three and made comments about how easy our registry was, because there were varied price points and lots of different options.  i was particularly thrilled that our relatives embraced the honeyfund idea (some consider it tacky, inappropriate, etc) - one of the aunts got us a sub zero vodka bar experience and a champagne toast and i couldn't tell who was more excited - her or me =) 
  • edited December 2011
    Mon-- I love the honeymoon idea. It is really great for those who have 2 complete house holds to combine. Almost have to get rid of more than we can take in! lol

Shea-- we are so similar. You and I have so much of the same stuff. It is destiny.. hahahah I know I know--- cheesy!
  • edited December 2011

We registered at Bed, Bath & Beyond, Crate & Barrel & Macys. I was shocked at my shower how much we got from Crate & Barrel - for some reason I just thought people would go to BBB or Macy's cause there's more locations and probably more convenient. I was very excited because I love our C&B registry!!

mon@ATX: that's awesome about your honeymoon registry!! I don't understand why people get attacked for having them - i think it's pretty ridiculous. Every circle of friends/family is different. We thought about doing one but we're going to an all-inclusive in Mexico and don't want to do any excursions and I didn't want to just have a "donate" to our honeymoon. I love the things people can get for you to do - like the vodka bar & champagne toast - I sometimes think that's more meaningful than a serving platter or something!

• edited December 2011
    Not trying to redo our entire house, but we have very eclectic taste. My sister did a wish list at Anthropologie and I loved the stuff she got so that is where I want most of my kitchen stuff from. It sounds like need to look into that myregistry.com. 

On a side note, are you all doing your websites through the knot or other hosts?
  • edited December 2011
    we're using mywedding.com (see http://www.mywedding.com/monikacarmen) and i would highly recommend it.  it's free and really easy to use. 
  • edited December 2011
    We did ours at Macy's (more expensive items) and Target (low costing items). Our items cost in price from $5 to $560(luggage), which is onsale right now for 255!!! But anyways we have a wide price range to choose from so everyone should be happy.
    Baby Jaxon born 8/18/2012 @ 9:53am, 7lb 2oz!! At 37 weeks 5 days due to Pre-E via C-section.Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimageimage
  • edited December 2011
    mon@ATX: I was just looking at your honeyfund and your honeymoon looks AMAZING!! I've always wanted to go to Fiji!
  • edited December 2011

We registered at Target (because that's where we like to shop) and Bed, Bath, & Beyond because Target didn't have everything that the FI wanted (i.e. the knives at Target didn't live up to his standards). I also set up a registry through Hilton because we often use them for travel (maybe even for our honeymoon) and people can donate money to it or they can even donate their  own Hilton honors points which I thought was cool. After looking at myregistry & honeyfund though, we might revise the other registries . . . we've been together for over 6 years, so we have a household of stuff already.

We're used the knot to create our wedding website. I thought it was easy to use, but I didn't really look at any other sites though.

• mistyleonmistyleon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We also used the Knot for our wedding website, but that is mostly because I got overeager and started putting a bunch of stuff on it before I realized that there might have been other, better options.  By then, I felt too invested to start over.  We didn't have any major complaints but some of the formatting is not as user friendly as it could be and I have heard that the online RSVP option is a nightmare, if that is something you were hoping to do. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We are using wedding wire for ours. :)
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing seven registries since we have friends in D.C. and NY, my family in Austin, and FI's family and family friends are in the Carolinas. Everyone prefers/has different stores they like best, I've found! And people under 40 prefer to send gifts online while older folks like to go in and shop at a real store. We did Macy's, Belk, Neiman for china and some nice serving pieces, Williams-Sonoma, and Pottery Barn. Then two local home good stores in Austin and Charlotte. I double and even triple-registered the same item at multiple stores so as to make the choices available to the largest number of guests. The only issue is remembering to delete stuff off multiple registries when we get it from somewhere else!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards