Texas-Austin

Awesome cover band for reception?

Anyone with recommendations for a great cover band for our reception? We love Skyrocket, but they are out of our budget.  We're looking for someone that plays mostly classic rock/70s/80s hits - thing people love to dance and sing along with! Any tips are appreciated!

Re: Awesome cover band for reception?

• You should inquire with the Spazmatics! They do mainly 80s cover at Cedar Street Bar in Austin... They are awesome! Not sure if they do weddings, but it would be worth the inquiry in my opinion :)
  • I know this is way after the original post date but for anyone else looking for an incredible cover band - you've got to check out The Motts (http://gotthemotts.com/). They cover just about anything you can think of from Otis Redding to the Beatles, Paul Simon to Willie Nelson. The lead singer used to be in the band What Made Milwaukee Famous. Rest assured you're going to have the perfect accompaniment to your first dance and beyond. <3
  • If you're looking for a current cover band that can play the top 40's and then the classics, book Electric Circus or The Stars. I booked Electric Circus for my wedding (September 2014) and their manager has been such a pleasure to deal with. They add new current songs to their set list every few months and offer to learn a new song or two if you have a specific request. 

Link to band info and promo video:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards