Texas-Austin

back up plan?

Hey! so I"m kinda new to this board, so hello!
so a little backround:
When I was 13 my dad married my best friends mom and we became stepsisters. Our parents got divorced a few years later but we are still really good friends and still call each other sisters and her mom is coming to the wedding. Also the last year of high school my sister was sent to a boarding school for getting into trouble (she wasn't doing anything bad but hanging out with ppl who did really bad stuff- steal, hard drugs, ect)

so My sister is back and was doing great. Shes going to culinary school to be a baker and will graduate in september. So naturally I asked her to make our wedding cake and she is also a bridesmiad. ( I asked her if she was ok with doing one or both and she said she could handle both and I let her choose) BUT with our wedding quickly approaching shes the only bridesmaid that hasn't purchased her dress and she hasn't returned my calls or texts for the last 2 weeks.

Now I have another family member that also offered to make the cake after my sister agreed to do it and I know if I asked she would love to do it but I feel like I should have a little faith in my sister. What would you do?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: back up plan?

• SarahPLizSarahPLiz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have some faith in your sister, and let her be for a little while. If you haven't already, try getting in contact with her without talking about the wedding at all. There may be something else going on in her life. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Depending on when your wedding is, I'd have a little faith, but if you're anything like us cake is a must have (we're having six 8" & 10" cakes from Nothing Bundt Cakes plus the grooms cake). I'd start researching your options. I don't know how a last minute wedding cake would turn out or how much more it would cost if the baker knows you're in a bind.
  • edited December 2011
    I guess I should have mentioned that. Our wedding is October 17, so just under 3 months. With the dress she now has to pay rush shipping to get it in time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hate to be the Debbie Downer - I'd have a back up plan. I asked a close friend to help us with table linens (he works at a restaurant) and he ended up falling through the night before our wedding. While I was getting my hair done our wedding day, DH was running around trying to find last minute table clothes... Plan for your sister, but plan something just in case, too.
  • edited December 2011
    I am with somethingsweet--- but I don't know your sister, so it is hard to tell. Does she normally drop off the face of the planet? Or should you call the police? I would do the back up plan, just to make sure you have something in case. And if not?! Who says you can't have 2 FANTASTIC cakes at your wedding!!! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards