Oklahoma

Buffet Question

The Scoop:
Wedding in Mexico on beach, just Groom and I.
Reception four days later after we return

Fiance found this great little Italian Resturant and asked that they make us a buffet menu to sort of go with the Carribean theme. Their idea was Pork and jerk chicken kabobs, black beans or red beans and rice, carribean rice w pineapples, sweet bread, fruit salad. (They also did mention that we could alter it however we wanted, but this is what they thought of based on our "theme" description)
I love the kabob idea, but not too thrilled with the sides.
I am thinking we could do wild rice or red potatoes instead of the beans, etc.

BUT I got to thinking, this is an Italian Resturant and lots of knotties say pasta is an excellent way to go, so what about lasagna, chicken parm, salads, bread table and fruit?

Which one would you prefer?
June reception at 6pm to 11 pm and full bar, I dont want skimpy foods.

Thanks!

When you know, you just know! Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Buffet Question

• TisharpTisharp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it depends on the crowd.  In my family, the pasta idea would go over a lot better than the kabobs, but that's just my family.  And it's not like they'd complain or something, but I know they'd enjoy the pasta a lot more.  But you know your family and friends, and should be able to judge what they'd be more happy with.

But also remember, it's June in Oklahoma, so it has the potential to be HOT even that evening.  So, the kabobs and rice and pineapple and all of that might be a "lighter" feeling meal and more pleasing to eat in June than heavy pasta dishes would be.

Missing our little turkey.
    Estimated Due Date 11/13/12 | Natural Miscarriage 4/17/12

Daisypath Anniversary tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • cksbychrsycksbychrsy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah- I thnk it would be a bit lighter and more casual and fun than a heavy past dish. Can you think of anything else that goes in that beachy, carribean theme?
  • TisharpTisharp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it looks good.  You don't want TOOO much going on.  I would maybe try to have something not spicy (like maybe just regular grilled chicken) so people who can't eat something spicy like jerk chicken, can still get a good meal. 

Missing our little turkey.
    Estimated Due Date 11/13/12 | Natural Miscarriage 4/17/12

Daisypath Anniversary tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • cksbychrsycksbychrsy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Very good point. Thanks for your help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards