Oklahoma
Options

married folk...

This may be a silly question..How long is your marriage license?  I want to get an envelope to mail our license back to the county without having to bend it but I'm not sure of the meaurements of the license.  Anyone measured theirs lately? :)

Re: married folk...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    we went to OK county..and its like ridulously long.. i think bigger than a legal document (which is 14'). But they gave us a self addressed, pre-paid envelope to send it back in..and they folded it and gave it back. HTH
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm no help, sorry!  I haven't looked at it since we put it in our safe, but I know it's ridiculously long...our preacher mailed it in for us after the wedding so we didn't have to mess with it.
  • Options
    MelB228MelB228 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, it's about the 8 1/2 by 14 size....but, when we got ours they had us fill our an envelope provided by them with our addresses of where to send the it back once the stamp/copy/record it, and they fold that to fit in in. They actually folded it for us when we were there and put it in a pre-addressed envelope to sent it to them in, which was your standard envelope, so there was no getting around the folding of it, and it was actually made to be folded as there are designs to write personal info that match the fold. I'm not sure if other counties have different sized papers or not, but I got mine from Oklahoma county. Wow, I never thought I would use the word "fold" so many times in a paragraph. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There is no way to get around folding it. They put ours into a 'keepsake holder' and then into a manilla envelope.  Rather than mailing it back, they gave us the option to bring it back. So Monday morning I took it back in, they got a photo copy, gave me a certified copy, and the original, then I was off to get the rest changed. Pretty easy actually.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't even think about the folding thing--duh--when it was sent back to us it was folded and put in the keepsake envelope thing, then in the mailing envelope.  But like pp said, it's designed with folding in mind so even when folded you can see the important signatures and stuff.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards