Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Ceremony in the same venue as dinner

Hi:

We're having our ceremony and reception at the same venue. The original plan was to separate the reception/dinner area in half with a beautiful ivory curtain. The ceremony would take place in the half room which would make it pretty and more intimate. The dining tables would be hidden by the curtain. We would all have the cocktail hour in the lobby as the curtain was moved to the side.

To make a long story short, the curtain is no longer an option. We've looked into screens, but they are not available in an appropriate color. Any other ideas for what to do with a limited budget so it doesn't look like we are getting married in the middle of the dinner tables. Or, is this pretty common and I shouldn't worry about it.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Ceremony in the same venue as dinner

• Options
    Does your venue have somewhere it could be done outside?  I've been to a couple weddings where the wedding has been outdoors onsite.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Unfortunately, no outside option. We really picked the venue as we would have this separated curtained area - but it's not working out.
  • Options
    The dining tables will be behind everybody right?  So you won't be in the middle of them at all.  This is what I'm doing.  *shrug*
    Married 10/2/10
  • Options
    The dining tables will be to the right of everyone due to the placement of the doors.
  • Options
    IMO, you're overthinking this.  I admit that the curtain thing might have been better, but I don't think your guests will care that they can see the tables.

But since that's not what you asked, can you rent large greenery for the day and have that between the ceremony site and reception, and then movethe plants  to corners, behind the cake table, etc. for the reception?
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    I've been wondering about the same kind of thing... we are thinking of the same venue for the ceremony and reception, but since it is a daytime wedding, we don't really want a cocktail hour, so I was wondering if anyone else has had/ is going to have the guests seated at the dinner tables for the ceremony. I've seen some pictures of weddings like this around. We haven't picked a venue yet but I was just curious.
  • Options
    I think that since the tables aren't interfering with the setup of the ceremony it should be fine with no curtain.  However, I went to a wedding with a similar setup and the bride bought several yards of a sheer fabric about 3 feet wide and floor length.  She then attached them to the ceiling with space inbetween each one and tied a ribbon in the center.  It was like a faux curtain.  It was really inexpensive beacuse she got the fabric on sale and provided the notion that 'hey guests, this area is off limits until the reception.'

After the ceremony guests went into the lobby for the cocktail hour and the ushers quickly took down the fabric
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We had the same idea, to have the ceremony with people sitting around dinner tables. I'm also asking myself if this will work.... and I really hope it does!

Did anyone see pictures with that kind of ceremony???
    Has anyone done it this way?
    Could post or send some pictures of what this looked like?

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards