Oklahoma

Fuschia and Orange Wedding Colors

Hi everyone! Things on the board have been kinda slow lately...I'm pretty sure I already introduced myself, but I'm getting married June 10 in Hawaii and having an AHR at Remington Park on July 31. I won the reception at the Remington Park Bridal Fair in August! But it's turning out to be a money-drainer...it wasn't "free" like they advertised. Instead you get a $4,000 credit to use on whatever you would like. We visited the space last weekend and it's great...however, things like the dance floor, chair covers for the ugly green chairs, etc really start adding up and the money won't go far. We didn't really have much of a budget for an AHR, so I am wondering- are any of you using fuschia and orange for your wedding between now and July 31? I visit the Trash-to-Treasure board a lot, but I never seem to find much. We are renting everything in Hawaii for that reception because it's too expensive to ship there and bring back. :) We'll probably use pineapples for centerpieces and find a friend to lend us a stereo system for music. I'm always trying to think of other budget-friendly things...
andrea and ryan . june 2010 . maui.olowalu
My Planning Bio

Re: Fuschia and Orange Wedding Colors

• lauly06lauly06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am not using those colors but I am constantly searching other boards and websites for deals on decorations and such so I will keep my eyes open for pink and orange and let you know if I find anything. One of my favorite websites is www.reuseido.com It is really good, you should start looking through the OKC posts for good deals! Oh, and I love the idea for pineapples as centerpieces btw. Very cute! Let me think... other budget friendly ideas... In lew of a full or open bar you could do a signature cocktail. Maybe like a pineapple drink or something to tie in your hawaiin theme. Also, don't know if you are doing a full dinner but I think it would be neat (and budget friendly too!) to just do hawaiin influenced pass hor' dourves. Like skewers and kabobs. Hope this helps. Good luck!
  • mauidandymauidandy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey thanks a lot! Good idea on the signature cocktail and apps, I'll see if they can work with me on that. They're pretty rigid with their menu options. They do have the option of doing drink tickets...but I feel like that might be tacky....And I'll definitely check out that website! Cool resource!
    andrea and ryan . june 2010 . maui.olowalu
    My Planning Bio
  • edited December 2011
    My colors are orange and lime green. I found these great little sparkly tree thigs at Hobby Lobby for half off. They have all kinds of great colors. We bought those and then got marbles and put them in a pilsner glass from dollar tree with two sparkly stick things cut at different heights. It looks really cute. I'm still looking for stuff too. Good Luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards