Oklahoma
Options

Hello Ladies

Hi OK Knotties!
I am Jonna and very excited about my day in July.  I am getting married in Ardmore and after a very hard decision to be okay with an inside wedding and finding a place that is going to be grogeous, I am thinking that I don't want to pay for a rehearsal dinner, but I think I want to either do a cocktail night or a luncheon of some sort before we leave for our honeymoon. This would be just for the wedding party still. 
Which would you do and why?

Re: Hello Ladies

• Options
    So why are you planning to skip the rehearsal dinner?  That may help us to give you advice on which route to take?  Are you planning to have a rehearsal the night before? 

If everyone will be together anyhow, it may make sense to do the cocktail thing afterwards.  Are you planning to have hor d'eourves at this cocktail night?

Where are you getting married in Ardmore?
  • Options
    Did you mean a reception dinner?
  • Options
    We will be getting married at the Convention Center b/c there are not too many places to choose from. I'm still debating on the rehersal, but leaning to a yes. Yeah, I think we wil do the cocktails. I think we are okay with giving a set limit as to what we will pay for on the tab and then after that they wil have to pay for their own. I was referring to the referral dinner, we will have a reception with finger foods after the ceremony. Where are you ladies getting married?
  • Options
    I was thinking about doing the same thing! I am getting married at River Oaks Golf Course in Edmond in May.
  • Options
    lol, can you tell that I responded using a smart phone...I just saw the referral dinner and not the rehearsal dinner!
    Congratulations Ashley!

I am enjoying this more now, than I did at first.  The planning is going a lot smoother, which is scary since it is closer now than it was then.  But I have almost everything done, now I will just start purchasing the items monthly.  Goal is to be done by May with everything.

What are you ladies doing to make sure that you are not overly stressed?  Did you get a planner or are you a DIY kinda gal?
  • Options
    I'm defiitely a DIY Knottie! My main plan to make sure I'm not overly stressed is to have a long (ish) engagement of 17 months, and 1 month down! I also want to get a majority of the planning for decor done now, and a good idea of what I want from vendors now. That way when it gets time to actually book, I can go to 2 or 3 of each with excatly what I want, and know what I can get for the money I have, and not feel so rushed. This abundance of time to plan also means more time to shop around for great deals! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards