Oklahoma

A low wedding Budget

Hey, i need some help! I have a 2k budget but want so many things in the wedding and just dont know how to do it! And my finace and I are paying for everything ourselves, and doing everything ourselves! Please help.

Re: A low wedding Budget

• edited December 2011
    What exactly do you need help with? 

What are you wanting in the wedding? Have you considered DIY?
  • Nickie431Nickie431 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Look online for a gown.  The "Attire & Accessories" Board has information about finding gowns online via ebay, Craigslist, and even special pre-owned wedding dress sites.  Time your wedding so the reception is in the mid-afternoon so guests won't expect a full meal.  Check into parks, civic buildings, and public sites, which often are more affordable.  Or, if you or your fiance is a student or alum of a college, there may be a chapel and reception facilities you can use at a deep discount.  And, if you have your heart set on certain aspects for the wedding, are you willing to forgo/downgrade/postpone your honeymoon?  That could help your budget.  Best wishes, and, remember, in the end you'll still be married, and that's what counts :)
    "Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are Mine!" (Isaiah 43:1)
  • TisharpTisharp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Give us some ideas of what you do want in the wedding, how many guests, what's important to you, etc!

Missing our little turkey.
    Estimated Due Date 11/13/12 | Natural Miscarriage 4/17/12

Daisypath Anniversary tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    When Is your wedding?  I will have alot for sale in July

What are you colors? Styles? Are you willing to DIY?  Dresses after prom and easter will be cheap for BMs and flowergirls. 
    Cut your guest list! 
    No food. 
    Small cake w/ sheet cakes in the back.
    Are you in the Tulsa or OKC area ?  we may have some cheap suggestions
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards