Oklahoma
Options

Ugly Invitations

I can't seem to find an invitation that is appealing to me.

Suggestions? Personal experiences? Website links?

Re: Ugly Invitations

• Options
    YogisBooBooYogisBooBoo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What is it that you are looking for in particular?
  • Options
    KellahPandaKellahPanda member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bows or ribbon, and affordable.
  • Options
    YogisBooBooYogisBooBoo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out http://www.theamericanwedding.com if you haven't already. Ummm...you can also make some. I'm makming mine with supplies from cardsandpockets.com. Plus it also depends on how many you're needing. Email me at hotvle @ gmail . com if you want some ideas if you decide to create...and I can show you want mine are going to look like. I'm actually saving $$$ doing my own.
  • Options
    Argo-MccoyArgo-Mccoy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should check out Darwin at Red Fox Paperie (across from the Cheesecake factory). He is really nice and very helpful. You can describe to him what you are looking for and he pulls sample inviations pretty quick. He has also helped people create custom invitations.
  • Options
    ayamm1123ayamm1123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you seen elements on various invites that you like? I had a freelance designer take elements of different invites I had seen and combine them into one unique invite that I loved, and saved $$$ in the processvs. Selecting a standard invite from a website. I would recommend freelance designer Jennifer Crawford – metzcrawford@hotmail.com – since she has worked with a lot of knotties and always gets great reviews!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out etsy.com.  There are lots of creative designers on that site that will design an invite based on your colors and ideas and then send you the file.  They usually only charge $20 or so to do it and then you can upload the file to 123print.com to have them printed cheap.  Add ribbon or accents to your liking.  I am doing this for my 250 invitations and I am getting much nicer and more intricate invites for less than I could buy plain invites elsewhere.  Plus, the Etsy designers create much more unique and personalized invites than what you see everywhere else.  I also ordered gatefolds for mine from cardsandpockets.com.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Brides invitation collection at Michaels are very pretty.  The trick is finding your colors.  They are having a sale right now, but I purchased mine with the 50% off coupon.  You may want to check them out. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Pregnancy Ticker image
  • Options
    tearsastormstearsastorms member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using 123print.com and using the smaller (bridal shower / note card) invitations in linen which are 4.25 x 5.5 and then putting them together with Cards & Pockets colored mats which are 4.75 x 6.75 and cards and pockets colored envelopes and RSVP enclosures.  Then we are adding some ribbon to the space on the mat.  The invites will be about $1.44 before the ribbon but still have the look of high dollar invites. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards