Oklahoma
Options

Just engaged- Need ideas! =)

I am so very excited. On 12-11-10 the love of my life totally surprised me with a day long scavenger hunt that ended up with the two of us meeting up at a local winery and engaged. (I cried a LOT) A little while later, we went home to my suprise and the house was filled with family and a party for us. After I finally composed myself he brings out "one last suprise" and gave me a print out of the all inclusive resort I had been looking at with flight information and everything booked. I have 5 months to plan everything since we want to have a reception when we get back. We live in NW Oklahoma and I am still open to ideas on everything. I have found a couple of vendors:thought I'd share and get any feedback I could. We like Aplus DJ out of OKC and may go with Expressions Photography out of Tulsa. I will be shopping a lot in OKC for dress, flowers, decorations, etc for reception. We are throwing around the idea of a laid back, sexy black and white reception with a bold accent color. My fav color is green, but we could go bright blue, red or even pink...
Still need cake, which I have decided not to do myself due to time constraints. Don't want the pressure of having four days after our return to make the PERFECT cake. Any ideas and or comments would be so appreciated! Thank you!

When you know, you just know! Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Just engaged- Need ideas! =)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are going with Sugar for the cake.  Not only were the samples VERY tasty, but she was one of the nicest vendors I've met.

For flowers, I went with New Leaf on 23rd, but Rebecca with Rebecca's Silver Rose was awesome too.

Good luck and have fun.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on your engagement!

We are having a destination wedding, too, and are still trying to figure out the at home reception.  Where are you getting married?  Have you decided on a location for your AHR?  That's where we are struggling right now...the location for the reception.

One of my personal favorites for wedding cake is Ruth's Sweet Justice on May just off of Grand (ish).  Their cakes taste great and are beautiful.  Ruth has even won some competitions on Food Network.  :)

Good luck with the planning!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    cksbychrsycksbychrsy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going to Secrets Maroma Beach in Cancun. I have looked and called just about everything in the Enid/Fairview area. I will prob end up doing the reception at the Cherokee Strip Conference Center in downtown Enid. I didn't want all my guests to have to travel to OKC, plus want to stay local. I am still looking for dresses but Maggie Sorreto has three I like. Haven't tried on yet. Starting to day dream and have drawn out the reception so I am going with a laid back green theme. Mainly white. White linens, candles, bistro lighting, white flowers, low lights, paper laterns and lots of white fabric flowing from ceiling. Then will spice it up with greens and black or greens and chocolate brown. Not sure. I know I am going to get a shorter party dress for reception and find the sexiest heels I can walk in. =) haha. Glad I found this site. Nice to talk to other OK brides.
    Oh- I really wanted to do an outdoor reception since we are doing that June 11, but you never know about this crazy OK weather..plus FI reminded me that bugs and wind and all of that mess could really put a damper on a party...He's right...as usual.....=)
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Saundra, what part of OK are you from?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How exciting...we will be honeymooning at Secrets Maroma!  If you have a facebook account and haven't looked them up, you should  "like" them and you will be able to see vacation pictures people have posted to the site.  The day I found it, I'm pretty sure I didn't get much accomplished at the end of the day...just sat there drooling at all of the pictures!  :)  We would have loved to get married there, but we have to have the kiddos we know able to attend the wedding, so we're getting married at Beach Palace, then moving to SMB for the actual honeymoon.

I grew up in Tulsa, have lived in Edmond the past 10 years, and moved to Moore with FI a few months ago.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I already found them on FB! I am so shocked we are both going to same place. I have 2 girls (8 and 9) and he has one (6) and we decided to make them a big part of the reception with ballgowns and everything and just the two of us go.  My grandma is still mad she won't be there, but I think it's gonna be great!!! When will you be there?!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So fun!  We don't have any kids of our own, but we've got 2 nieces and a nephew who we couldn't imagine our day without.  :)  We are making it a 10 day trip in total...we will be at Beach Palace June 15-20, then moving to SMB on the 20th and staying until the 25th.  We have a lot of family/friends coming, so we figured that having a few days with them (including father's day, the day after the wedding) would be really nice...then we get to go and have our honeymoon alone.
    I seriously can't wait...SMB just looks amazing, and I've heard rave reviews.  When will you guys be there?
    Anniversary
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    May 31st to June 7th. Too bad we won't be there the same time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards