Oklahoma

Cheap Venues OKC metro?

My fiance and I will be getting married 03/29/13. We are on a tight budget... I am doing ALL the planning and my parents are on retirement (so I don't want to ask too much of them). His mother is an RN doing travel nursing so she is willing to help out what she can. Our budget is still so VERY tight... Does anyone know of any nice venues, chapels, gardens... Where we can hold the wedding and reception and not have to pay $3,000 for that alone. All inclusive is preferred but doesn't HAVE to be... Thanks in advance! (:

I am kind of leaning towards getting married in my church which is St. Lukes United Methodist, in OKC. Then haveing my reception there or somewhere else but the reception area just seems hard to decorate with my theme...

Re: Cheap Venues OKC metro?

• What's your theme?
  • Sorry it took me so long to get back, my email was sending this to spam! My theme is Celestial.
  • I had a friend get married a little over a month ago at Cole's Garden.  It was quite lovely, and I know she said it was all-inclusive though I didn't ask her what she paid.  I can only imagine it would be nicer in March than early October.
  • Well, we have changed our date to August 2013... Good thing we haven't announced it yet. Garden sounds sooo pretty! I'm going to check on it.
  • Good luck! 
  • I used The Center on NW 50th. They set-up chairs/room for $500 (not sure if prices have changed). I had an afternoon reception. They do offer catering as well.
    ~~Mendi~~ ...Everyone has their price; mine's chocolate Photobucket
  • Thank you mmmendi!

One of my friends also told me that they gave her a pretty good price. I will need to call them as well! 

Thank you everyone for the help!

• If you hadn't moved it to August, I would have suggested the Capitol (there is no A/C in the common areas).  

How big is your guest list?  The Skirvin doesn't charge for usage fees alone, they just require a minimum alcohol/food purchase depending on which space you use.
  • We are doing a reception out in OKC (wedding in FL), and we are going to be at Czech Hall.  You can bring in outside catering, too.  It definitely would require some decorating of your own, though.  And unless you want to share the hall with polka dancing, you can't do saturday nights.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards