Oklahoma

PSA: Clary Fields Event Center in Tulsa

If you are considering using this place as your reception venue--- RUN FOR THE HILLS!  I'm not kidding, I just had my reception there this past weekend and it was a train wreck.  DW Kang, the owner/golf pro/event planner/bartender/caterer is a TOTAL A$$HOLE.  We paid $1500 to rent the space (now he charges $2500 for Saturdays) from 5-midnight.  They had to do our alcohol and offered to do our catering as well- both for $15/head each... we estimated 200 guests.  He charged us for 200 people.  Even kids got charged for alcohol, but we just tried to get past it because it was open beer, wine, and liquor including crown.  But he wouldn't let us change the head count later-- we only had 165 RSVP but still had to pay for 200!!!  WELL.....

The liquor bar wasn't set up until 6.  The "catering" was extra-tiny shrimp pasta and chicken pasta with red or white sauce, salad, bread, steamed veggies, and cheese/crackers.  He promised fresh veggies and dip, chips and salsa, and shrimp cocktail as appetizers and never served them!  We only had 142 guests show- he charged us for 200- and THEY RAN OUT OF FOOD! He only had 4 staff members working the event- including the two bartenders (one of which I'm sure was no older than 17... So my guests had to clear their own plates!  He only ordered 3 bottles of crown at an OPEN bar and closed up shop 30 minutes early!  THEN... After all was said and done, he is holding our damage deposit hostage.  He told us the day before the reception that he had forgot to charge for the bartenders so he would need $300 to cover that, AND he wanted $150 for clean up.  

SAVE YOURSELF THE TROUBLE AND NEVER BOOK HERE!  Warn any of your friends if they are planning on having their reception here! 
"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. The second is this: Love your neighbor as yourself. There is no greater commandment than these." - Mark 12:30-31 studiowestway.com facebook.com/studiowestway

Re: PSA: Clary Fields Event Center in Tulsa

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards