Oklahoma
Options

Western OK Vendor Reviews... and some OKC too... PIPs

Cake:
We got our cake from the WalMart (yes, WALMART) bakery in Elk City.  Charlotte was hailed as the best cake baker in Elk CIty, and she did not disappoint.  Our three tiered cake looked amazing, tasted delicious, and only cost $137.  I purchased yellow ribbon from Hobby Lobby, which Charlotte put on the cake, and my sister and hopefully soon-to-be sister in-law added the pink and yellow daisies.

Catering:
Our event was a very low-key mostly family affair.  We ordered several sandwich, fruit, and cheese trays from the Elk City Homeland deli.  Everything was really yummy and easy to set out (we just had to take lids off).  You can find party tray prices on their website at www.homelandstores.com.  We also got the groom's cake from the Homeland bakery.  It was a double layer German Chocolate cake that everyone LOVED.  And I think it cost us about $15.  It was iced with coconut frosting so it didnt need any extra frills.

Rentals:
As we had our ceremony and reception at my grandparents' house, we rented chairs, tables, etc. from the Boutique Weddings and More in Elk City.  Roxanne and her partner are great.  They have a ton of stuff and a lot of recommendations as far as DJs, photogs, cakes, and so on.  We rented 50 white folding chairs (the nice ones) 7 large round tables, one small guestbook table, one rectangular table, linens, a wrought iron arch, 6 shepherd's hooks, a crystal punch bowl, candy buffet jars and scoops all for about $500.  They will deliver the items to your location for a fee, but if you pick it up yourself, the fee is waived.  And they are closed on Mondays, so you have til Tuesday to return everything.  The only thing is that since it is a small locally owned business, if you're coming from out of town, call ahead to make sure they are open.  You can visit their website at www.theboutiqueweddingsandmore.com.

Flowers:
We had all of our bouquets and corsages done by Linda at Homeland in Elk City.  All of our flowers were daisies which run about $3 per stem.  Linda did a beautiful job on the flowers.  I gave her a general idea of what I wanted and she took it to the next level.  As for the rest of our flowers, I ordered them from www.samsclub.com.  I got 80 yellow daisies and 80 pink daisies for under $145 including shipping.  I was a little nervous about how they were going to turn out as they had been shipped, but my worries were unfounded.  I would say 98% of the flowers were absolutely gorgeous.  We used a ton of flowers and this was definitly the best and cheapest way to go. 

Photographer:
We used Chellie Massey from CM Photographs.  She is out of the Dibble/Blanchard area, but is willing to travel.  She offers a variety of packages.  The package we selected included 5 hours of shooting time, 250 edited images, a DVD slide show, as well as several prints for $550.  We are still waiting for proofs to be posted, so I will let everyone know how those turned out.  Unfortunetely Chellie is cutting back quite a bit on her photography, but you can always check out her website www.cm-photographs.com.

Sorry this was so long, but I know from my own experience that it is really really hard to plan a wedding outside of OKC/Tulsa!  In the smaller western towns there isn't a lot to choose from nor are there a lot of reviews, so I hope this helps any of you western OK brides!  If you have any questions or want to see more pics, please PM me!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards