Oklahoma
Options

Help: Rustic Wedding Venue needed in Oklahoma

Hello ladies!

My FI and I have been engaged since last March. He is the man of my dreams and I simply cannot wait to be his wife! One problem: We have yet to even set a date because we cannot find a wedding venue! We live in Southeastern Oklahoma and I would say that we can be defined in a simple statement: country meets rock and roll! We both grew up locally and know how to have a good time but also love love love our oklahoma country roots. A barn ( I love the idea) or a lodge or something uniquely rustic with a elegant charm to it that does not break the budget would be the place of our dreams! Also, alcohol is a must and some places insist that you hire a off-duty police officer which is also a deal-breaker in our books. If it allows outside catering that would be a plus. The ceremony definitely we want outside with a fun flirty atmosphere for the reception. Any ideas? I feel like I have looked everywhere. Somewhere close to home, Talihina OK, would be fabulous! Just thought I'd see if you girls could help! Thanks so much!

Re: Help: Rustic Wedding Venue needed in Oklahoma

• Options
    lauly06lauly06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello and welcome!

You should check out the Harn Homestead. I went to a  wedding there last summer and it was really pretty. It definitly had that rustic feel with the barn and everything. I'm not exactly sure if you want a venue in OKC but it is worth checking out!

Good luck on the search!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry I don't have any suggestions in your area - I did get married at the Harn, though, and LOVED it and thought it was beautiful, so I totally know what you're looking for.  Do you know any private individuals with property that would work that you could use?  

I also want to add that you're going to have a REALLY hard time finding a venue that will let you serve alcohol with no security - that seems to be pretty standard, so I wouldn't pass up a dream location just because of that.

Good luck!
    imageimage
  • Options
    futuremata10futuremata10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Fossil Creek Ranch outside of Ada...gorgeous!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married at the Round Barn in Arcadia.  It was off the list for long time, because they don't allow alcohol, but we pretty much ran out of option in our price range, and decided that we'd just go out afterward, with our friends.  So, the cermony and reception will be there.  No officer needed.

But, I agree with whoever upthread said it will be hard to find a place that will allow alcohol, but no officer.  I think I called almost every venue in Oklahoma over the past 5 months.  LOL

One thought... you might check the lodge at Lake Altus.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards