Oklahoma

Bella Rose vs JJ Kelly, for service and availability of plus sized sample dresses

Or somewhere better?  I am in Tulsa but will travel to OKC for the right experience.  Just looking for some real-life experiences.  I don't want to call the stores for info and be told what I want to hear just to get me in the door, then find out I can't try on what I want.

Re: Bella Rose vs JJ Kelly, for service and availability of plus sized sample dresses

• edited December 2011
    Hello there, 
    So I shopped at both places for my wedding dress and ended up buying it at JJ Kelly, but I would defiantly say there are pluses and minuses to both shops. 

JJ Kelly has a wider variety of gowns, as well as, a wider variety of couture gowns. I brought my dress there for that reason, it was the only shop in the state that sold my dress. The are very business like there and are there to sell you a dress. They really push the hard sell (which I didn't like) but I do love my dress so I guess it all worked out. They are a little pricey (perhaps even overpriced) so take that into consideration as well. The ladies there are a little cold I would say, but they know weddings and they know dresses so if you are ready to buy I would recommend them. I will say to that after the fact, the JJ Kelly ladies have been very helpful you just have to be straight with them about your budget and what you are looking for. 

Bella Rose on the other hand has a more limited selection. They are also much less expensive. The shop is cute and the girls are sweet but in the end I just couldn't find what I was looking for there. 

Hope this helps! good luck in your search. 
  • RebeccaB88RebeccaB88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I just noticed that in my OP I didn't make it clear that I need to try on plus sized dresses. I really want to find places that have plenty of plus sizes available.  Seems that most places only have a few. I meant to mention that originally. My bad!  I do appreciate the info on JJ Kelly, though.  Sounds like Bella Rose is more in my budget.
  • edited December 2011

Did you have any luck finding a dress?

• Alyssa MurchAlyssa Murch member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to JJ Kelly to try on dresses and completely fell in love with one. However, they were so unbelievably rude to me and my mother that we're going all the way to Fort Worth to try and find the dress I loved. They wouldn't even give me the name of the designer of the dress I liked, all they said was they have it on file until my wedding day. I finally tricked them into telling me the name of the designer and found the dress number online. I absolutely would NOT go there. 

Also, wherever you go, even if they don't have plus sizes in the store, you don't usually by off the rack, you order one in your size and then have it altered. So you should be able to try on dresses virtually anywhere. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards