Oklahoma
Options

wedding cake?

just wanted to know who is making your wedding and or grooms cake? Heidi will be making  our cake ( no grooms cake) her cakes taste great & she is affordable. she used to work at a well known bakery but does them from home now ( i swear im not a vendor. Im just trying to get a lil action on this board).

Re: wedding cake?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Does she have a website?
  • Options
    miah_23_ncbmiah_23_ncb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oklahoma_wedding-cake-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:127Discussion:ad9214e6-412e-4b76-af67-e2fdd3dddec9Post:654593c6-2e34-4200-8784-3e323d7e125b">Re: wedding cake?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Does she have a website?
    Posted by Tangerinemoonlite[/QUOTE] i do not think so but i could give you her # or her email address.  when we met we just met a mcdonalds & she showed us pics of her work. I explained to her what i was loking for and she gave us a quote. we later emailed her for cake flavors & then orderd samples ( i think they are $3/ sample but worth it)
  • Options
    lmf2010lmf2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Amy Cakes will be making both our bride and grooms cakes.  She has a great personality and you can tell she LOVES what she does.  Her art is the best I found, and her cake was also the best I tasted.

By the way, I think it's a good idea to try and get action on this board.  I have a friend who got married in 2006 and this board was crazy busy.  I got engaged in July and it was pretty slow then, but OMG, it has gone down hill so fast.  what's the deal???  why are people not on here anymore??
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think I may go with La Baguette.  I doubt they do traditional "wedding cakey" looking cakes, but I pretty much grew up LOVING their cakes, and I don't care so much about having a fancy cake.

We are getting a custom cake topper, and having a pretty informal wedding, and so having a beautifully decorated cake isn't really important to us.  And we both HATE fondant...

I agree, we need to get this board rocking....
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We're getting our cakes from Sugar in Norman.  She does such adorable work, I love it all!  And the white wedding cake is the best I've ever tasted, and I wanted to go traditional with that.  Their chocoalte is also to DIE for though!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards