Oklahoma

I'm so excited!!

I finally got our engagement pictures back and was able to make our wedding invite and I so badly want to people to see it. So I thought I would share it with all of you. Tell me what you think.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
Some of my favorite quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because your reality is finally better than your dreams" -Dr. Seuss
"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go..." - Dr. Suess

Re: I'm so excited!!

• TisharpTisharp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your engagement photo is ADORABLE!!!

Might I suggest that you black out the last names on the invite that you're showing here?  Just to be on the safe side?

Also, would you be open to suggestions on the wording, capitalization, etc?

It's a really great start and is really super cute, but I am here to help, if you'd like.
    :-D

P.S.  So you don't think I'm just a weirdo, DIY'ing my invites was my favorite part of my wedding planning!

Missing our little turkey.
    Estimated Due Date 11/13/12 | Natural Miscarriage 4/17/12

Daisypath Anniversary tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for suggesting to black out the last names I didn't even think about that. Yes, I am open to any suggestions. Making the invites have been my favorite so far.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because your reality is finally better than your dreams" -Dr. Seuss
    "You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go..." - Dr. Suess
  • TisharpTisharp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok!  Well, first, there's a LOT going on with the names.  And I know it's hard when there are more than 2 sets of parents, but it might be better to break it up a bit, if they all MUST be on the invite.

Oh, and I just want to make sure... is this your INVITE or your Save the Date?  Because if it's a STD, that's a whole 'nother kettle of fish.

But, now for my suggestions!  :-D

Now, also, I'm not sure whose parents are whose, so bare with me if I am off on this a little, but it should work even if you have to switch some names around.  lol

-----------------------------------

Mr. and Mrs. Dale Smith
    and Mr. and Mrs. Donald Brown
    invite you to share the joy
    at the marriage of their daughter

Jennifer Renee Smith
    to
    Jacob David Jones

son of Dr. and Mrs. John Jones

Saturday, the eighteenth of June
    two thousand eleven
    at five o'clock in the afternoon

Church, Hall, or Park
    Byars, Oklahoma

Reception immediately following

OR

Mr. and Mrs. Dale Smith
    Mr. and Mrs. Donald Brown
    and Dr. and Mrs. John Jones
    invite you to share in the joy
    as their children

Jennifer Renee Smith
    and
    Jacob David Jones

exchange marriage vows

two thousand eleven

Church, Hall, or Park
    Byars, Oklahoma

OR, I saw this one online and really liked the wording of it, too... if you don't HAVE to list all of their names.
    :-)

The families of

Jennifer Renee Smith
    and
    Jacob David Jones

invite you to share the joy
    as they exchange marriage vows

two thousand eleven

Church, Hall, or Park
    Byars, Oklahoma

The main things that need to be fixed for sure, are the seperation... the invite will just read easier, period, if there's a bit of space between some of the lines.  Also, you don't need "on" before Saturday, "Two" doesn't need a capital "t" and there doesn't need to be an "and" in two thousand eleven.  And it should be "five o'clock in the afternoon" because evening would be anytime after 6pm.  And I'm not sure how big of a town Byars is, but I'd probably just put whatever hall or church or whatever location you're getting married, specifically, and then you don't need the "in" before Byars.  And unless the reception is going to be many, many hours or days after the ceremony, it's best to put "reception immediately following" without the quotes, obviously. lol  :-)  I hope this helps!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you. We are wanting our parents on there. We are getting married on a ranch so I wasn't for sure how to word that on the invite.
     I'm happy someone can give me an honest opinion, because my fiance said he liked it like that and so did our parents , BUT I knew that there was something needing to be changed I just could not figure out what it was.
     I really like the wording of the secind one and I will show it to my fiance and I will make him like LOL! jk.
    Once again thank you for the help
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• TisharpTisharp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Oh, I am glad to help! 

I'm a pretty visual person, and am super bored at work right now, so here's what I came up with.

BTW, I totally just came up with that name for the ranch, but I'm sure there's something similar you could use.  My friend Dana got married on her parent's ranch and she just used, "Phillips Family Ranch" on her invites.  It worked wonderfully.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I like that!!! Thank you for the help.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• TisharpTisharp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay!  I'm glad to help. 

Please let us know how they come out!  :-D

Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    That's awesome-thank you for posting this-I, too, have a LOT of parents to include on the invitation, and this thread just helped me with the wording!! :D
    IAmPregnant Ticker BabyName Ticker
    Oct Angel Babies
  • edited December 2011
    I'm glad I coulld by just starting the thread but TishaPayne gets the credit for coming up with the wording lol. TishaPayne I will post my new invite as soon I get it completed.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards