Oklahoma

Changing the date

Good morning ladies!

Last night my FI's family informed us that if we want them to go we will have to change our date. I'm quite a bit annoyed with this since they knew about the date since last March, but waited until 5 months before the wedding to say anything.

As of right now, our wedding is set for June 2 outdoors. We have the venue booked and our invitations are ready to print. I can still get a hold of our invitations person and ask them to hold off. I can reschedule the venue; however, the venue is where I'm stuck.

I'm worried about the weather in the month they want us to change to. They want us to move the date to August. I'm afraid it would be to hot for an outdoor wedding in August. If we have to change venues, we are probably going to have to change a lot of things.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to approach this issue? Any advice on weather?

We are in the Tulsa area if that matters...

Re: Changing the date

• I have to agree with you that outdoors in August is likely going to be too hot in August unless you keep the ceremony very brief. I'm getting married in august and had to change venues because when we toured the outdoor place on an august morning it was soooo hot that I couldn't imagine the guys dealing with it in tuxes.
    That's a hard one to deal with. Good Luck!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • amarcikamarcik member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Is there a reason why the need you to change the date? Would they be willing to hold off on there plans if they knew how much this date ment to you and what complications it might bring if you have to change it?
  • I'm also getting married on June 2 and am still worried it may be too warm * like last year*...I  think august will be unbearable. I'm confused as to what his family is doing. Why can't they come? And why are they waiting until now to say something??
  • Maybe it's something that you and your fiance' need to talk about, that's hard.  Maybe they will/can work something out and be more understanding based on the time constraints of changing the date.  Good luck.

• I don't think you should change the date.  You've given them plenty of notice, and they did approve the date when you settled on it. Their failure to plan appropriately for it shouldn't be your problem.  Really, I bet they would figure out a way to be there. 
  • I agree with RebeccaB88. They had PLENTY of time to talk to you about the date. 5 months before is a TAD late in the game to be bringing this up. Can i ask why they "need" you to change the date?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards