Oklahoma

Set up/tear down of wedding reception

I have picked a venue that is more of a DIY venue because I do not mind doing those things and it was cheaper. We have to set everything up ourselves and take everything down right after (which is fine.. so i thought). My mother was on board with the whole idea until last week she told me she refused to help do either one.. I was wondering if anyone knows of a place I could hire to set up the reception and tear it down afterwards that isnt outragous in cost.

Thank you!!!
Ashley

Re: Set up/tear down of wedding reception

• Have you thought of doing a chapel where they take care of all of that for you?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • amarcikamarcik member
    First Comment
    We are catholic and getting married in a catholic church isnt quite exceptable since we have a child together before being married. we alreday have a venue picked and paid for. thanks though!
  • Where is the venue located? I just got married at Vive le Ranch in Tulsa and 3 days before the wedding the party rental company informed us they would not be able to set up any of the tables or chairs (as previously indicated they would). They also informed us then for the first time that we'd have to tear down all of that. A friend of the family recommended a guy to us who normally does some home construction / more heavy duty handyman stuff. He's just building his business so he was happy to do some extra work and for a pretty reasonable cost. He and his 2 guys were soooo helpful. They were there in the morning to set up and came back at night to tear down.  I can't promise he'd be able to do it, but if you are in Tulsa and would like the info, send me a PM and I can get it to you. 
  • Maybe hire a day of wedding coordinator who had a team that could help him/her?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Im in okc but if we were in tulsa that would awesome! Thats what im looking for is someone to come the day of and do that but im not finding anyone that isnt extremly expensive for the minimal work we need them to do. Ive had 2 potential businesses that said they would do it but one stopped emailing me and the other didnt show up to our meeting.. but seem very inprofessional so its very frusterating!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards