Oklahoma
Options

Places in Tulsa

I am looking to get married either next May or June.  I REALLY liked Dresser Mansion, but I'm afraid it might be too small.  We have about 150-200 coming... maybe more.  I'm really wanting to keep the place within the $3,500 mark.  Any suggestions?

Re: Places in Tulsa

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If that is your whole budget, you can forget the Dresser Mansion. That is the cost of the mansion for four hours. Plus, with that many people it really is too small. You might be able to pull it off, but it would be crowded. 

I'd recommend a date in May and looking into parks or restaurants that have outdoor spaces. The problem with Tulsa is that most traditional venues have rental fees starting around $3,000 so if your budget is $3,500 you really have to think outside the box.

I planned my Tulsa wedding for less than $3,000 last year. However, we had to postpone 6 months before our wedding date. Now, we're planning a DW. I'd be happy to help you out though. I still have a lot of the names and numbers of the vendors we were using. 

You can email me at ashea at gmail dot com. Just put knottie budget help in the subject line. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

June 2011 Siggy Challenge: Flower Inspiration
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Planning Bio 6.15.10
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you want to do outdoors, you might check out Skelly Lodge in Catoosa.

www.skellylodge.com

Their rates are on the webpage, but I think you'll find that it's fairly reasonable.  I'm not sure about how much space they can handle indoors, but for an outdoor wedding it looks to have plenty of space for what you want.

Good luck!
  • Options
    Lace314Lace314 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ok, so i just wanted to say that dresser mansion is NOT that much. we're getting married there for half that price in september and pretty much every month has some kind of discount. if the venue is too small then it's too small but having it in the courtyard WILL hold up to 200 people (i have the contract in front of me).

just sayin'. i love dresser mansion and wanted to defend it! haha.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try McBirney Mansion or Kennedy Mansion
  • Options
    Krystal_22Krystal_22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello, new bride to be

My name is Krystal and I would like to help you on your journey to becoming a new bride. I am currently taking event planning classes and I am also doing wedding and events on a very low budget depending on location and number of guests to build my portfolio. I have lots of great ideas, so if your interested and would like to give it a try. Email me at misskcc23@gmail.com or check my website out for more info at www.kcevents.yolasite.com..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards