Oklahoma

Did anyone not get their first choice of venue?

I was reading older posts and I see so many people having their wedding at Old Trinty of Paseo and I am a bit sad.....That was my first choice, but could not fit the amount of people we are having. So we decided on UCO.

Did anyone else not get their first choice?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Did anyone not get their first choice of venue?

• edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear that, we cut out list drastically to have ours there.  Our first choicde, however was Castle falls but that was crazy over budget.  
  • edited December 2011
    So sorry you didn't get your first choice!  I loved Old Trinity as well, but knew there was no way it would work with the amount of people we are having.  I'm sure UCO will be beautiful!  Have you thought about having engagement pics taken in the Paseo?  At least then you could get some great shots with the church in the background.
    Photobucket
    December PS Sig Challenge - RINGS! Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    We are having our pics at the park where we went on our first date.....I am over it now. The choice of "# guests vs location" was a good one. Yesterday was just a rough day.....Over it!  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I didn't get my first choice because it was way out of my budget! But it still turned out great! :)  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oklahoma_did-anyone-not-their-first-choice-of-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:127Discussion:e1336d92-a50c-4f76-b77a-7d7fed858077Post:b5676766-b220-48f6-9b88-7c07302890ce">Re: Did anyone not get their first choice of venue?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sorry to hear that, we cut out list drastically to have ours there.  Our first choicde, however was Castle falls but that was crazy over budget.  
    Posted by Soon2bMrsD5860[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Did you actually go visit Castle Falls?  I loved it from the website, but when we went to visit, it was quite disappointing.  It's in a fairly sketchy area and the grounds were not well maintained at all (read: trash/junk in the lawn areas, etc.).  Maybe that helps with the loss of the first choice venue!

</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards