Oklahoma
Options

OKC BRIDES

how many of you ladies are getting married close or in OKC???
Anniversary image

Re: OKC BRIDES

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married in Norman (at  least i HOPE I am ...the lady at the venue is falking out and hasn't returned my last few emails)) next March.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Where at in Norman?  I'm getting married in OKC but live in Moore
    Anniversary image
  • Options
    miah_23_ncbmiah_23_ncb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i will be getting married at my church in OKC (reception there too).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Kerri,
    Hopefully Cobblestone Creek.  It was the only venue I looked at that I really felt comfortable in, so hopefully it will work out.  I live in Albuqeurque now so I'm doing long distance planning, which I think might make things seem more stressful.

Where is your ceremony/reception?  Any great vendors that you'd recommend?
  • Options
    christareneedchristareneed member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been trying to get a callback or some kind of response from Cobblestone Creek for over a week also, and have had no luck. I called and emailed and nothing. I want to get married in or close to OKC also, but having a hard time picking a venue! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @christa:  I had a LOT of trouble finding a venue as well.  Seems like most were well suited for weddings of  <25 or >100, and we'll have right around 50.  The Cobbleston Creek lady was awesome and really responsive when we first met her,  so I'm really surprised and stressed that she hasn't gotten back with me.  I've  bought my save the dates...they are addressed and ready to go out...and I can't do ANYTHING else until I hear from her.  I'm really sad, because I could not find anywhere else that I liked.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    darcy:  I'll look at Cole's next time I'm in town.  I don't want ANYTHING outdoors though...do you think they have enough indoor space to do a ceremony and reception?
  • Options
    christareneedchristareneed member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @nmsoonergirl have you looked at lake thunderbird chapel since you want everything indoors? they are beautiful- they were just a bit further out than I wanted since we live in the north side of oklahoma city but they wouldn't be too far out from norman if that is where you are staying. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @nmsooner  I emailed you a private message about the venues.
    Anniversary image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Crown Heights UMC in Okc on November 6th. :) Reception at Reds Primesteak downtown. Kiss
  • Options
    lmf2010lmf2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We are getting married in Guthie in October.

Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married not IN OKC, but close to it... about 9 miles East.
  • Options
    natswishnatswish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Westminster Church in May but haven't decided on a venue.  We will probably have between 200-300 people, any ideas?  I am very hesitant to go outside as this past May's weather was super crazy!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    nats, what about will rogers theater on Western?  It's close to your church and it's a neat venue.  I don't know about pricing (it was WAY too large for us). 
    The oklahoma history center would be about $3600 for your size group, and you can use their caterer or bring on in for a small fee.
    I don't know how much chesapeake boathouse charges, but it's beutiful and would easity fit a large group.
    The civic center would be around $1900, and they let you bring in catereing.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards