New Jersey - South
Options

Help - Photographer Just Cancelled

Can somebody please give me recommendation for a photographer?   After working with Dana Romano for three weeks she took another client for our date, and I might say, did it on the day that she did not return my fiance's call regarding the contract and engagement pictures.  So frustrated.  How unprofessional.  Before you book someone on a date you know you have a client all but locked in on wouldn't you contact that client and confirm?   She claims that in this business climate she can't afford to turn away work well obviously she can because I will tell everyone I know plus the people that knew already we were using her what happened...as will my fiance.  Sorry, just needed to vent a little.  Anyway, any recommendations..lol.

Re: Help - Photographer Just Cancelled

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using Andy Todes.  He is AMAZING!!!  I would recommend him to anyone.  He is located in Haddonfield.  But really it depends on your price point.  I can also give a few other reccomendations depending on what you are looking to spend.

That is just bad business and you should let her know that as well as her prospective clients.  Just getting her name out on here will steer a lot of people away from using her.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    2ndxo2ndxo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You have had pictures taken personally by him?  Word of mouth referral is always the best for me.  I had seen Dana Romano's work before and really liked it but her business practice is not as good as her photgraphy evidently.  Our wedding is in Sept so she really is causing us a lot of aggravation!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have not had our pictures taken by him yet but have friends who have and we have known him for some time and I personally trust him to handle any situation professionally and with class.  Another whom I have extensive personal experience and I can say firsthand is amazing is Cindy Patrick!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    2ndxo2ndxo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Someone else just recommended her to me also.  Thank you, I will contact them both.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out to AlimarioPhoto. T did our wedding 3 weeks ago and our pictures came out amazing. All of our guests were impressed with his work and raving about how on point he was and such a pleasure to be around. www.alimariophoto.com GL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Paul Dempsey.  he is located in Ventnor. We have our engagement pics on 7/6 but he has been fabulous through the whole thing.

So sorry for you luck and good luck with your search
    BabyFruit Ticker photo dip1004.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry that happened!

Jean and Steve Photography-they did our epics and our wedding pics and both were great and the prices are very reasonable too! Steve is awesome to work with-he's professional and a great guy!
     www.jeanandstevephotography.com
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sarah Schulte!  She did our e-pics and wedding pics and they are all amazing!  We also met with Cindy Patrick when we were looking and loved her as well.  They may both be booked for this year but its worth looking into.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out Inger from Keepsake studios (keepsakestudios.com).  my family has used her for 10 years and she never, never does bad business and is a fantastic photographer.  I am so sorry that this happened to you.  well, at least you have tons of referral to try to find another photog you like!
    At sea, heading to Lisbon, Portugal Anniversary
  • Options
    KitKat1711KitKat1711 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Perfect Day Photography and they have been amazing so far.  Call up Kate and Eric and see if they are available for your day.  They are great with pricing and packages and have been awesome to work with so far.
  • Options
    Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Better Image Photography based in Hammonton:

www.betterimagephoto.net

The owner is Anthony Cassano.  His prices are very reasonable and his website has great examples of his work.  GL!
  • Options
    Northstar1808Northstar1808 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I heard Marc Anthony is really reasonable and did numerous of my friends' from high school weddings.  I am using Jordan Brian, he is not cheap by any means but he is absolutely amazing!!! One of his pics is in my siggy.
  • Options
    kelly1017kelly1017 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_photographer-just-cancelled?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:128Discussion:0cfd5001-fbee-4832-aa99-473c186fab48Post:be42a3ac-7e89-4e71-b762-8bc4129f7c84">Re: Help - Photographer Just Cancelled</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm using Perfect Day Photography and they have been amazing so far.  Call up Kate and Eric and see if they are available for your day.  They are great with pricing and packages and have been awesome to work with so far.
    Posted by KitKat1711[/QUOTE]

I agree, Perfect Day has been Perfect so far. They are very reasonable in price, easy to talk to and easy to get a hold of. Eric will be my photographer + I can't wait. Good luck and definatly give them a call. 
  • Options
    rol769rol769 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Hallmark Photographers in Berlin.  Very good, reliable, great work and reasonable.
  • Options
    2ndxo2ndxo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies for all of your quick responses and suggestions.  They definitely gave me something to work with so here we go again....Laughing
  • Options
    angel33284angel33284 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wedding professional have a very small window of opportunity to get work. When you consider the season is only about 26 weeks, even if they were willing to work friday saturday and sunday that only leaves them 78 days in which they can work. If you didn't sign a contract or send in a deposit you haven't booked her, and therefore she didn't cancel on you.

You've just a learned a wedding lesson the hard way. Grab the professionals you want as soon as possible or they may not be available tomorrow.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards