Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Disney Wedding Contest

Hey!  We've entered to have our wedding at Disney!  We've talked about having our wedding there for awhile now. 

http://family.go.com/happily-ever-after-contest/stories-category/if-you-keep-on-believing--the-dreams-that-you-wish-will-come-true--60620/

Someone suggested we post the link on here.  We'd love to have our wedding there.  

Takes a few minutes to register.  Just un-click all the email options, then vote.  You can vote everyday!!!! you'll get the confirmation email and an acticvation email that's it.

Thanks for your help!!!

Jen & Mike

Re: Disney Wedding Contest

• Options
    These are never received well on these boards. Most people will probably vote for your competitors. Most of us have paid for our own weddings and suggest you to do the same. I would suggest deleting this post.
  • Options
    Oh dear.  Now you've stepped in it.  By posting this, people will go to the website.  And they'll vote for anyone BUT you.  You may have just cost yourself the contest.

It's not well received here to create an account just to solicit votes from strangers.  People here are, in many cases, saving to pay for their own weddings, and will suggest that you do the same.

Oh-and soliciting votes is also not permitted, so you've been reported.  Buh-bye.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    Yup. There's another one on Budget Weddings I reported today.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    Kill me now.
  • Options
    I think weddings are horribly expensive and can cause stress on alot of people. so I don't blame anyone for trying to win a contest, atleast they are trying mama bear, maybe you could offer her some help instead of crushing her dreams.
  • Options
    trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited April 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_disney-wedding-contest?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:998d60a8-2bc3-4a9c-99e2-1857886bae1aPost:37dcaf52-76fb-480d-be18-88ac4666ff66">Re: Disney Wedding Contest</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think weddings are horribly expensive and can cause stress on alot of people. so I don't blame anyone for trying to win a contest, atleast they are trying mama bear, maybe you could offer her some help instead of crushing her dreams.
    Posted by boutthattime[/QUOTE]

First of all, weddings don't have to be "horribly expensive".  All that is absolutely needed for a wedding to happen is a bride, groom, officiant, and a license.  EVERYTHING else is unneccessary.

So, I've always recommended that people plan the party that they can afford.  On their own.  Without begging strangers on an internet website to help them fund it.

As for the rest of it:  what she did (soliciting votes in a contest) is against the rules that she had to agree to when she signed up for the Knot. 

As for "crushing her dreams"?  Really?  Exaggerate for drama much?
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards