New Jersey - South

Venue pricing

Ok ladies, needing some info on sj venues. Recommendations, reviews, advice, locations and of course prices!! I dont want to go see every place to figure out pricing but also don't want to miss out on a place that I think is too expensive, help!

Re: Venue pricing

• Go on the knot and look through the ones you like. Make a list. Call or email them and tell them your max budget and see if they can work with you. Tell them up front you don't want to go over set price. I visited seven places and thought Lucien's manor was gonna be a long shot but ended up being the most affordable and offered us a ton on the menu, and we booked with them. Don't skip out on a place just cause it looks expensive. If you're getting married in off season or on a Friday or Saturday they will work with you.
    158 Invited image | 68 will be there image |6 can't make it image | 84 still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: 4/6/13
    4/26/13 March Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Go check out Brigalias in Sicklerville.  It is a beautiful facility with the grounds around it kept nicely as well.  They do not advertise and rely on word of mouth to get out and that savings gets passed on to you.  There is no price difference between sit down and buffet, which is usually a $10 pp difference.  Also, they include so many things!  Your cake, centerpieces, menus, table numbers, and I could go on!  The food is absolutely delicious and their customer service is top notch from beginning to end!  We chose the middle package, which was $96 pp including tax & tip for 2012 prices.  So many of our guests still tell us how great the food was at our wedding!
  • We got married at Auletto's (right near the deptford mall). We paid $104pp for a Sunday evening wedding. This included a buffet dinner (fish, chicken, and beef), cocktail hour in their wine cellar (all sorts of appetizers), ceremony location, PLUS the wedding cake (from Termini's) and fresh floral centerpieces (you get to pick them out yourself at a local florist). Plus a 5 hour open bar, and a bridal attendant (who pretty much acts as a day-of-coordinator).

They don't mention up front that the cake and all of the centerpieces are included; this made a HUGE difference in our budget (we had wanted to stay around $90pp, but figured these extra costs were accounted for). Also, you pay $14 less for anyone under 21; kids 10 and under are free, as are your vendors.

Follow Me (and my wedding!) on Pinterest
    50 in 2012 Reading Challenge: 2 books read
    my read shelf:

Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • To give another option I visited Brigalias and found Luciens Manor was a lot cheaper at 75pp, including all you can eat cocktail hour and entrees and a HUGE dessert bar, as well as wedding cake. Brigalias wasn't my style, the room they showed us was similar to a grandmothers old house. If I had been in the bigger room I maybe could have thought about it. Our room at Lucien's is a huge, tall ceiling room with balcony and huuuuge dance floor which was big for me. I'm getting married on a Friday night in April which helps save costs.
    158 Invited image | 68 will be there image |6 can't make it image | 84 still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: 4/6/13
    4/26/13 March Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm not sure what your budget is, but we are having our ceremony and reception at the Bradford Estate in Hainesport, NJ on 8/23/13 and we're paying $85pp + tax and service fee. That's for a Friday. For a Saturday in August it was about $89pp I think. Our price includes a TON of food during cocktail hour and dinner but you can work with them. For example, cocktail hour includes two attended stations but they'd take off $2pp for each station removed if we wanted (which we didn't - we love food too much). The price also includes our cake and their standard centerpieces (if we want to use them), as well as a five-hour continuous open bar.

I also looked at the Clark's Landing Yacht Club (formerly the Castle Yacht Club) which was pretty. I think for a Friday in August 2013 they quoted me at like $70pp, but you do have to supply your own alcohol, which can actually be cheaper sometimes. They were actually my top choice until I visited the Bradford. Hope this helps somewhat. Good luck!
  • thanks, this is very helpful! I am planning on late Sept of 2013, do you think this is considered an 'off' month? I know Friday's can be cheaper but we would really like a Saturday wedding. Allychase thanks for the info about Luciens, I just thought it would be out of budget but I think I would like to stay around $75 per person, do you know if this includes tax and gratuity?

i heard Bradford is very nice!

Anyone ever hear anything about Paris Caterers in Blackwood?
  • I heard paris caterers is really pretty but I don't know about the prices.  

I am getting married at Valleybrook country club in Blackwood With tax and gratuity the meal pp is $88.84 (for adult) subtract 10 for underage kids and i think its 24 for kids under 12, and i think under 5 is free. it includes linens white chair covers if you want them. also you have cake and 1 dessert, cocktail hour, 5 hour premium open bar, hors D'oeuvres, cold display(crackers chees fruit) salad 2 entree selections, 2 carving stations, and a mashed potato bar.  You can get married outside by this cute gazebo if you go to their website you can see it.  

Also September is still the season for weddings it ends in october.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards