New Jersey - South
Options

so excited!!!

just got a letter in the mail saying my dress came in!!! im sooo excited!! of course my wedding is not until april and i still have forever to go. is it too early to start my alterations?? i cant wait!!!

Re: so excited!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay!!! That's awesome!!! I remember when I got the call that my dress was in. Don't start your alterations until like 2 months before.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay that is exciting! I can't wait to hear when mine comes in.
  • Options
    jes003jes003 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would ask your seamstress when..my seamstress wanted me in by 4-5 months out, so I wouldn't wait til 2 months to call.Congrats on getting your dress in!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Very exciting! My dress should be in any day now and I can't wait! I agree with pps that you should hold off on starting alterations until about the 2 month point.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    my wedding isnt until august 2010 when do you think i should buy my dress?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Shaki, it wouldn't hurt to start looking now b/c depending upon what designer you choose, the dress could take up to a year to come in.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ok njgal26 thanks.. like because i wanna lose more weight and what not and i thought i had to wait until then to do it..
  • Options
    lmparlettlmparlett member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Order it now.  You can always have it altered to compensate for any weight you lose.  My wedding is June 2010 and I am ordering mine in two weeks when my mom comes to visit!  Yay!  I can't wait!
    Photobucket Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Shaki~ If you want to lose more weight still, I would definitely wait a little longer. Your body shape could change, therefore different styles will may look better on you.... You'll definitely have more choices! :) You could wait as long as 6 months out before having to worry about any rush charges.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards