New Jersey - South

Mirka Photography and question in general

Hi guys! I just had a question for anyone who has use Mirka Photography or just a photog question in general. I really like her work but she only comes solo which worries my FI and I. We are expecting a fairly large wedding (200-220) and a BP of 13 + 3 kids. I am worried that one photographer is not enough. Does anyone have experience with this? I am just wondering the pros and cons of a solo photographer for a large wedding. Thanks!

Re: Mirka Photography and question in general

• EatonpoosayEatonpoosay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The amount of guests doesn't matter that much I think but to handle a bridal party that size I say you need two. Plus Mirka is new to weddings so i'd look into someone more experienced.
  • edited December 2011
    She did my engagement photos and is doing my wedding.  I love her work.  Maybe she can get a second shooter? I heard that is your wedding was over 100-150 you should have a second shooter.  I read it somewhere.  I have no idea where.  I was in a friends wedding where there was a bridal party of like 18 people and the second shooter just stood behind the first shooter when we took group photos and also shot.  She didnt really wrangle us in or help with placement of people.  I think a second shooter is good to get things from different angles like the ceremony and things that arent so posed. 
  • edited December 2011
    You will need two photogs to handle the number of guests that you potentially will have.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards