New Jersey - South

Having a hard time :(

Now that the wedding is getting close I keep thinking about and preparing myself for the idea that my sister might not be there.  She's pregnant and due the day before and I know anything can happen but I want to prepare myself if she's not there b/c I know it's going to cursh me. I keep thinking of all the family picts I was looking forward to taking and the shots of me and her (she's my MOH) and my heart breaks :(We are so close and I know it's going to crush me if she can 't be there..ugghh!!!  and she's upset b/c she might miss it and if she goes late then I'll miss the birth of the baby.I keep telling everyone to say a little prayer that things work out and she goes early and she can be there and I can be with her.I just needed to vent b/c it's something that I KEEP thinking about and need to get it out

Re: Having a hard time :(

• edited December 2011
    Aww, nygirl...that made me all teary.  I totally understand how important it is to have your family there for your wedding day.  My sister is my MOH too, I can't imagine being in your predicament.  I will say a little prayer for your sister to have her baby early so that you get to be there for the birth and your sister gets to be there for your wedding day.Either way, I hope you end up with a wonderful wedding day and a beautiful and healthy niece or nephew. 
  • edited December 2011
    That is a very hard situation...I couldn't imagine my sister/MOH not being present for my wedding. You two are experiencing life altering events very close to eachother, and while that is amazing, it's also not-so-great timing for you both to be involved in eachother's events.I'll keep my fingers crossed she has the baby early enough to be there, but not too early! And either way, you will be a wife and an aunt, and she will be a sister-in-law and a mom! :-)
    BabyFruit Ticker

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Stacy has read 24 books toward her goal of 35 books.
    hide
  • nygirl07nygirl07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls :)  I keep telling myself that it's all good things but as the planning goes on and I think about certain things like what groups shots I want I then come to the whole "what if" and that's when it gets hard.I don't even know if I'd want a family photo if she wasn't there...what would I do with a family photo without my sister in it...and I feel like it just won't be the same...don't get me wrong I love the girls in my bridal party by my sister is my best friend and she's who I have a blast with at all the family weddings.I'm gonna be begging for prayers the month before in hopes that she goes a week or two early so be prepared :)
  • edited December 2011
    aw i'm so sorry to hear of your concerns.  it is completely valid and something you can't control- and if it was me, i'd be so upset about having no control!!  i hope that all works out for you and perhaps she will go a little early to and have the new baby in the pictures! :)
  • nygirl07nygirl07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I told if she goes early she can dress the baby up in a pretty dress and she can be my flower girl since I don't have one :)
  • edited December 2011
    Aw I am really sorry to hear that. My sister is also my MOH and it would be so tough not having her around. As pp said they are both huge events for both of you. You never know though my mother had five children and I was the only one to come right on my due date the rest of them were all 2-2 1/2 weeks early. I will also say a prayer that she comes a little early :) I know its hard to not think about it but everything will work out and everything happens for a reason :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards