New Jersey - South
Options

random vent....

So my engagement party invites have been sent out and everything is good soo far :-) Only I was talking about our party to my FI's Brother's Girlfriend, last weekend and I said yeah Sept 19th blah blah.. and she stares at me and looks at me like I have 5 heads and says that she has a wedding to go to that day and her and FI brother ( best man) were going to Pittsburg..for it. Ok whatever I just let it go. If you have prior engagements thats ok with me. So i figured FI Brother would be coming to the party and she'd go to the wedding or something like that, cause thats normally how they do it. Well FI's brother called yesterday and seriously asked if we could change the date! really? I know I am probably getting worked up over something stupid. But he is the best man... his brother? Apparently gf had asked him to ask that.. there is 100 people invited. Huge party, hmmm... i still cant believe it. but i can haha... sorry just wanted to vent.. Can you believe that?

Re: random vent....

• Options
    EatonpoosayEatonpoosay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry but I think you're being a baby. It's just an engagement party. Fi brother and his girlfriend had a prior commitment. You expect your fi brother to tell his girlfriend that she has to drive 4 hours to Pittsburg and go to a wedding by herself because you want the spotlight. Get real.
  • Options
    cbuck87cbuck87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Its ok... i'd rather hear it like it is... Its not that I am mad.. I am upset (sad) I just think it was rude that he asked to change it. I dont care if he comes personally if he doesnt want to * she was thinking of flying him out there for a suprise* so Im not sure if he even knew until that party. I just feel bad for FI. I didnt mean to sound like bridezilla or a bit** or anything. Just thought id vent somewhere. no need to get rude though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Eaton doesn't know how to be anything but rude. It's sad really. It was rude of him to ask it to be changed. Just have the party and have a great time. With 100 people on the guest list I'm sure you will have plenty of people to celebrate with and FI's brother can be a part of all the other wedding based events. You never have to apologize for needing to vent. Somethings may seem trivial to someone else but they mean something to you. We have all been there and then realize later it wasn't that big a deal. It's all part of the process.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Bunchy-it was rude of them to ask you to change it! I don't think people realize the time and energy that we put into planning our weddings and wedding events that they think we can change our plans just like that!  Don't apologize for venting! That is what we are here for! :-)
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    cbuck87cbuck87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the perspective bunchy! Your right, it will be a good time no matter what.
  • Options
    cbuck87cbuck87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    exactly nj gal! i was just kind of taken back by it at first. Like really did you just say that.. Then it was like ok whatever!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I totally agree with Bunchy (and most of the pp) on all points.It is unfortunate that both your engagement party and the Pittsburgh wedding are happening on the same date.  I really can see both sides; I would hate to have to go to a wedding w/o FI and I also understand you are upset for your FI that his brother won't be at the party.  I think asking you guys to change the date of the party was putting you in a wee bit of a difficult position though.  I say, have the party as planned and try to have a good time despite the fact that the BM won't be able to be there.  Vent on Sister!!!  That's what we are here for.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey girl, I am really getting annoyed with people posting nasty comments to each other on theknot.  If you can't word things nicely, don't post anything at all. You're not being a baby.  Your feelings are hurt, you're frustrated, and it's added stress that you don't need.  You're entitled to feel that way. I know how you feel too.  We were throwing an engagement party, and let's just say it got shot to sh**.  FMIL, FFIL, and our best man, ring bear, sister in law did not show.  We ended canceling the whole thing last minute for this reason and others.  It's not your wedding, so I would just keep the date, and try to enjoy. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry that you are having to go through this and not everyone can be there that you would like there. I'm also sorry you got a nasty reply! It wasn't the best approach for them to ask you to switch the date but I guess you could always look at it as them showing they really wanted to be there. I am a little annoyed about our engagement party coming up as well...I don't mean to vent from your post but figured while we are venting why not lol. We originally were going to have an engagement party given by my mom in June but her house went up for sale and long story short it didn’t work out. FI and I bought a house in July and decided we would combine a house warming/engagement party to make it easier. We were planning on having it the end of Sept. since we are updating a few things in the house. I'm in my sorority sisters wedding in Oct. and she decided to have her bridal shower and bachelorette party back to back the last 2 wknds in Sept. We already had our e-pics set for the 1st weekend in Oct with our photographer and for my girls to by their dresses that weekend. We didn’t want to push it out even later because we wanted it to be a bbq and for ppl to relax outside. I also didn’t want it to be a weekend before her wedding. Long story short we moved our date up to the 2nd wknd in Sept. I didn't have a problem doing it because I don't want to interfere with my friends events but we have been working like crazy to get the house ready and its been so much added stress on us. Unfortunately it was one of those now or never situations, I'm just hoping we can get things done in time. Wow that was long sorry but I feel better :) Ok back to painting lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey,I just reread my above comment, and it sounded like I was referring to you about posting a nasty comment, but I wasn't.  I was referring the first person who wrote you something. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards