New Jersey - South
Options

**Ksukinik**

Don't you feel so much better now that Pre-Cana is done? It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, but I was totally not expecting the "crying fest" at the end.  :-)
BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: **Ksukinik**

• Options
    edited December 2011
    -butting in- what crying fest??? Pumpkinseed and I didn't have that at our session?? Did we miss out :) Glad you guys got it finished! Such a weight off the shoulders! njgal...have you met with Father Mike yet?
  • Options
    kimikins79kimikins79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi!  Sorry I didn't get to say good bye, I had the worst headache and was just "done" with the whole thing, so I ran out after receiving the certificate! It wasn't that bad, but I really felt like I knew most of the things they tried to tell us, and we were already talking about and/or had dealt with some of the issues effectively.  So, I can't say it was helpful. As for the "you're special" section, I found it inappropriate.  I guess people's personal issues shouldn't be on display, you know?  Essentially, we are all strangers, telling each other personal information.  It was sweet and touching at times, but totally not my thing!  I wanted to cry too at times.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes I must butt in as well....can you please elaborate on this "you're special" session? What did you have to share with strangers? We weren't forced to share anything with the people around us if we didn't want to...
    BabyFruit Ticker

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Stacy has read 24 books toward her goal of 35 books.
    hide
  • Options
    kimikins79kimikins79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, you had to tell your partner why they are special to you.  It was very sweet, and they didn't "force" you to do it, but you felt guilty if you didn't, you know?People were saying very personal things, and I am just not the type of person to do that with strangers, and my fiance definitely isn't.  So it was kind of awkward.  However it was sweet and sad for many couples, and some may have enjoyed it.  It just wasn't my thing.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh I see...it sounds like the letters they had us write. We had to write we wanted to marry our future spouse. It was nice because my FI isn't super romantic or good with words so it was nice to see on paper that he really does think I'm great! Lol...
    BabyFruit Ticker

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Stacy has read 24 books toward her goal of 35 books.
    hide
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We still haven't given each other the letters. We sealed them in envelopes and gave them to my dad to hold and we are going to read them after our RD. I can't wait!!!! We are super corny :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, it was very awkward and I know what you mean, Ksukinik, I felt like I had to do it, even though I didn't really want to.  It was hard because I had started crying at the very beginning when the first married couple talked about how both of them has lost their mothers this year.  I was crying then and I couldn't stop, so I had a headache too at the end! :-)I agree with you too that it wasn't really that helpful since most topics FI and I have already discussed.  The married couples were funny though and the food was yummy!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Bunchy-At first FI and I were not going to do a full mass so we met with Deacon Heilig for our FOCUS test and the other meetings.  However, we changed our minds and decided to do do a full mass but we aren't having Father Mike marry us but instead we'll be married by a family friend from another parish. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know this is probably a sin...but you're lucky you are having someone else. This is has been the most difficult portion of all our planning. He is nice and all but takes forever to return calls and when he does gives majorly vague answers. Like we asked about our unity candle and he says oh we'll discuss that at the rehearsal...um the night before? I don't think so! Did they tell you anything about it? Can we get our own? Do they provide one?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Bunchy, I know they allow the unity candle b/c our deacon asked if we were having one but I think you need to bring it.  I need to call him about something this week and I could ask him if you would need to bring one or if they supply one for you (we aren't having one so I am not 100% sure what the protocol is).  
  • Options
    mhuesser2mhuesser2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So my FI and I have gone through the whole pre-cana process, but we never did a focus test.. our preacher never mentioned it either. is this something i should be doing? what is it. im confused because everyone at my pre-cana class was talking about having it already done.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards