New Jersey - South

Old, New, Borrowed, Blue????

I am wondering if you girls could give me some ideas for what you are doing or what you did for something old, something, new something borrowed, and blue... I know alot of girls use the blue for their garter but my garter is not blue and so I am having a hard time...suggestions?  

Re: Old, New, Borrowed, Blue????

• Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Blue underwear, but just make sure it doesn't show through your gown, LOL!  Or blue jewelry, blue nail polish.
  • Summer2008Summer2008 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Old: grandmother's pinsBorrowed: grandmother's wedding ring New: dress Blue: ankle bracelet with small blue charm
  • nygirl07nygirl07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    old and borrowed: fi's grandmothers bracletblue: garter and blue in my underwear
  • edited December 2011
    Old- my grandmothers hankerchief and other grandmothers doile wrapped around the handle of my bouquet. New- Dress Borrowed- an earring from my sister and my MOH that they wore on their wedding day, they were pinned to my crinoline. Blue- I had a patch sewn into my dress with blue writing that just had our names and wedding date, plus I had a small blue rhinestone ring on my right hand.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    My blue was a patch sewn into the underneath of my dress that had my new monogram and wedding date. I also wore blue and white polka dot underwear. My mother was appalled that I wouldn't wear something more 'sexy' but I was going for comfort!
  • edited December 2011
    Old and blue My great grandmother's aquamarine ring Borrowed--My SIL's pin that we attached to my bouquet  
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Old:  Strand of pearls that H gave me as a gift when we were dating.New:  Dress, shoes, etc.Borrowed:  A pearl bracelet from my mom.Blue:  Tiny little blue bow sewn inside my garter.
  • edited December 2011
    Old : Still working on it, maybe a handkerchief of my great grandma's if one can be located.New: Dress and everything elseBorrowed: Two butterflies that my aunt had in her bouquet for her wedding 9 years ago in memory of my grandmother.Blue: My class ring that has blue gemstone in it...it was the last thing my grandmother bought for me.
    BabyFruit Ticker

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Stacy has read 24 books toward her goal of 35 books.
    hide
  • Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Old: working on it. New: dress and shoes. Borrowed: working on it. Blue: garter.
  • edited December 2011
    Old - hankerchief passed through the generationsNew - dress, shoes, etc.....Borrowed - earings and bracelet, headband/tiaraBlue - handkerchief with a blue bow on it I wrapped the hankies around the handle of my bouquet. Good Luck!  
  • zanyjaymezanyjayme member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Old - earrings my parents gave me for my 16th birthdayNew - dress & jewleryBorrowed - hair combs from my sister that she wore for her weddingBlue - I glued blue crystals to the bottem of my shoes with our intials and wedding date.
  • edited December 2011
    Old - My father's pin from college.  He "pinned" my mom with it way back in the day when kids still did that.  It meant they were "going steady".  My dad passed away when I was little so it is really special to me to be able to walk down the aisle with his pin.  I am planning to pin it to the satin on my bouquet. New- my dress borrowed - a life long friend's headpiece Blue - my father's pin has a blue stone in it so it could also be my something blue.  But, I couldn't resist buying blue panties that are alllll ruffles, they look like bloomers that little girls wear!  I love them!!
  • edited December 2011
    old: flower's from my grandmother's dress to be worn in my hair... new: dress borrowed: mom's crinolineblue: the perfume light blue by dolce and gabana
  • megk8ozmegk8oz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Old: planning on sewing a ring that FI gave me when we started dating to my crinoline (It doesn't really go w/anything else I'll be wearing that day)New: dress, shoes, etcBorrowed: still working on that, but the current plan is to ask around the family for a pair of tiny pearl studs to wear in my second earring holesBlue: at the moment, if I'm in closed-toed shoes, I'm doing blue toenails. Otherwise, the ring FI gave me (My "old") has a sapphire in it, so I might cheat and make it count twice.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Linda123Linda123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Old - My mothers Hankerchief she carried on my parents wedding day New - Diamond Earings My Husband Bought me Borrowed - A beautiful diamond bracelet from Radcliffe jewlers in Baltimore ( a friend works for them, Thanks Radcliffe! Blue - I had a label made from the Garter Maker that had our names and wedding date (in Blue)  The Seamstress sewed this into the lining of my dress, at the end of the train so I could pick it up and show Husband and get some nice picts too! Everyone thought this was a nice touch, esp my Husband :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards