New Jersey - South

shoe question?

What do you plan on changing into, if you are?  I have a 3 1/2 inch shoe (pic in bio).  I'm pretty sure I won't last in them all night while dancing.  I thought about changing into a slipper but when I went to my alterations and took off my show the dress gets too long.It's a fit and flare gown and as soon as I take the show off it puffs down the bottom too much so now I don't know what to do.  I could say I'd suck it up and take the pain of the shoes if they start to hurt but that's not likely to happen and I thought I could just let it drag b/c I wouldn't care but it is a little too long without shoes.

Re: shoe question?

• edited December 2011
    A friend of mine had the same problem and she got a plain pair of white sneakers, decorated them an dhad lifts put on them, to add height.
  • jes003jes003 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    David's bridal has 1-1/2 -2 inch flipflops.  That's what I got.  They come in white and ivory.
  • edited December 2011
    I bought a white flat shoe to put in during the reception.  It definitely made my dress longer, but to me, it didn't matter.  By 8 pm,I had been standing in those shoes for 8 hours and I couldn't do it anymore!  I am not one for flip flops at weddings, so I just wanted to make sure I had something comfy. Whatever you decide, make sure you have a back up shoe- you don't want sore feet to keep you off the dance floor!!! :)I got my flats at DSW for $25
  • lilylowlilylow member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    At that point in the night I couldn't wait to get my shoes off.  I put on some flip flops and let it drag the couple inches.
  • nygirl07nygirl07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!  I didn't want to do flip flops either, espeically b/c I can't see it being easy to dance in them.  I'll just got my sating slippers and hike up the dress :)
  • Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I can't wear anything more than 2 inches high, so I'm wearing flats the whole day.  Comfort has always been my top priority.
  • edited December 2011
    I am pretty tall so I am wearing a lower hear (I think they between 1.5-2 inches)  I bought white satin ballet slippers at my dress shop to change in to at the reception  and they are fabulously comfortable.  Although, after I bought those slippers I saw isotoner white satin ballet slippers at Macy's that were cheaper, $20 I think.  If you decide to go with the slippers you may want to check out the Isotoners.  Otherwise, my suggestion would be a platform flip flop for height. 
  • edited December 2011
    I ended up bare foot about 30 minutes after we got to the reception and stayed that way the entire night. Introduction, first dance and all.  Life went on.  There are far worse things to worry about and stress over.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not stressing about it, just was wondering what everyone else did or is doing. I did see the isatoner slippers today at kohls and that's what I was going to get
  • edited December 2011
    I wore isotoners and danced all night.  Yes the dress hung a little, but after walking the grounds in heels it was already not in perfect condition and my feet were killing me.  I actually told Yeon to make it a little shorter with the heels because I didn't care if they showed since they were so pretty.  The gown wasn't short, just a bit shorter.Lisa Beth
  • edited December 2011
    I wore 2 1/2" heels until after the first dance.  After that it was slippers all night.  I didn't care if my dress was a little too long.  You won't even notice that day.
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I wore 3 inch heels alllllll night long.
  • edited December 2011
    I changed into a platform flup flop...white of course. My heals were 3 inches and it did drap a tiny bit but the flip flops were so much easier to walk in I changed right after we ate dinner.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Depending upon how hot I am on the big day, I will be wearing either sneakers and dressy flip flops-I am all about comfort when it comes to my feet especially since I will be standing for a good part of the day and b/c I plan on dancing my tushy off that night! :-)
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hey Kristin...just wanted to let you know that I didn't mean for my response to be as bitchy as it came across.  Sorry about that.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No, I didn't think that!!!  That's the problem with typing...I hope mine didn't sound like I was insulted !!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards