New Jersey - South

Help w/ importing Guest list from Excel

I need some help with importing my guest list from excel. I tried doing this today ang started getting frustrated with it. I did everything the directions said up until it said save in .csv format. This is what it said for saving, "in the Format bar, choose the Comma Seperated Values or Comma Delimited (.csv) file type." It doesn't say anything like this in the drop down menue. Can someone please help me? Thanks :)-Heather

Re: Help w/ importing Guest list from Excel

• edited December 2011
    Sorry for the delayed response.  I'm not a techie, but I think what you need to do is when you go to save, click "Save As" from the File menu.  When the save pop-up box comes up, you will see at the bottom "File Name" and "Save as type".  Click the drop down next to Save as type and select "CSV (comma delimited)" as your file type.  Then just click on Save.This should correct the file format.HTH
  • hkorejkohkorejko member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ty for your response :) I'm in no rush to put it up, I just wanted to add it to my knot haha. I tried doing the drop down menu to change it to CSV but it's not an option in the drop down. I'm using 2007 Excel. I don't know if this is why it's not shown. The format you have to download worked fine. I just can't save it in what they want.-Heatherp.s. what does HTH mean? i think I've seen this b4 but am unsure of the meaning same with TIA. I have yet to concour the know language haha
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry I couldn't help more.HTH = Hope That Helps!
  • hkorejkohkorejko member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's ok. I'm just glad a Knottie's willing to help a fellow Knottie out :) TY again.-Heather
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards