New Jersey - South
Options

South Jersey DJs

My fiance just started the search for our wedding DJ. We want someone who will introduce the important dances, etc. and then just kind of be quiet and play music. Any suggestions?
PhotobucketWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: South Jersey DJs

• Options
    nygirl07nygirl07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is there are reason you want them to not talk?  DJ's are the most important part of the wedding in my opinion, i don't think I've ever seen a dj be completely silent other then at a wedding where they didn't do much and it wasn't a good wedding, the dance floor was empty and they never got the crowd up and going

I would just hire a good DJ and let them do what they have to do to make the wedding amazing.  Don't give too many directions b/c I promise it won't turn out good. I've been to weddings were the bride had a "do not play list" a mile long and the music was horrible b/c she didn't allow him to play any of the stuff that gets everyone up. Your paying them for a reason so trust that they'll do a good job.

I'm using Dance Party Dj's and have been to 2 weddings they've done and they were both amazing and the dance floor was packed the entire night.

Good luck!!
  • Options
    NJ789NJ789 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just used DiNardo Brothers DJ's for our wedding on 11/07 and I cannot say enough great things about them.  We had Mike DiNardo, one of the owners and he was AWESOME.  He basically did what you're looking for and kept the dance floor packed all night.  We received countless compliments on how great he was.  DiNardo Brothers are a tad more expensive than some others but worth every single penny.  I cannot recommend them and especially Mike enough.  I know what you mean, I've been to weddings where the DJ talks a lot and it's really annoying.  Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm with you on the DJ's not talking!  Some like to chit-chat into the mic, others like to coordinate games for guests... not my kind of DJ.  As long as the music is good, they have done their job in my opinion.

I just booked DJ's Available.  They have over a dozen different DJ's to choose from, so you can find one that you really like and feel comfortable with.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using DJ's Availalbe and they have a great reputation.  They have monthly expos at which you can pick which dj is right for you.  Good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We are using Center Stage Entertainment and are so excited to use them! I have heard nothing but great things about them and they are a preferred vendor through our reception site. I am with you on the DJ not talking a lot. I don't mind it if it is here and there but my guests are there to dance have a good time and listen to the music not the DJ.

We met with several DJ companies in south jersey and a lot had that I want go out and teach a dance bring props etc. attitude. That just is not us. I agree with letting them do their job but some can be very excessive and talk more then they play music. I was recently at a wedding where the DJ came down onto the dance floor with the mic and was constantly talking while standing next to guests that were dancing. I get he was trying to hype everyone up but majority of the guests were looking at him like he had 3 heads.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My cousin had a DJ who brought props!  Her guests really liked it, used the props and had a good time.  My guests would be the ones looking at the DJ like, "can you get out of here with these damn props".  haha
  • Options
    karen1424karen1424 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used VIP mobile with Darryl.  He was great! Talked for the announcements and then was pretty silent the rest of the night-it was perfect and I had a rocking reception.  He costs about $1,000. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Synergetic Sound and Light and they were FANTASTIC!!  They played all of the music we asked them to ply and they were minimally on the mic.  Exactly what my husband and I wanted!
  • Options
    nygirl07nygirl07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've never been to a wedding where a DJ talked too much, the only time I"ve seen them talk was during the garter/bouqet toss or annoucing the father/daughter..mother/son dance. 

I'm getting props, we had the YMCA ones at my brother and everyone LOVED them and had so much fun and of course I have to get the umbrellas for the mummers since I'm doing a New Years eve wedding.

One suggestion I"m going to give is too pay the little extra to request a DJ....it's so worth it too know that you aren't getting sent some random DJ that nobody else wanted
  • Options
    lmparlettlmparlett member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using DiNardo Brothers as well.  They asked us questions about if we want props, etc, which we don't. I don't think our guests would really get into that stuff.
    Photobucket Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just wondering how much should we plan to spend on a DJ?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Dinardo Brothers and they were wonderful! Either Joe Vespe or Mike Scott are great!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Dance Party DJs and loved it, they did such a wonderful job!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers **TTC buddies with TheDeaton's!**
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used DJ Per4m through DJ's Available and I must say, this guy blew my guest's away!  My Fiance and I were looking for a DJ who could get everyone to dance, friends and older family members...He mixed the music together so people stayed on the dance floor the whole time.  He mashed songs together like salt n pepa and guns n roses...my 80 year old grandmother couldn't stop dancing.  I can't say enough great things! He didn't talk on and on and he was extremely professional...price was reasonable.  I believe depending on what you are looking for you may have to pay a little extra but worth the service!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    MIKE SCOTT from DiNardo Bros!!!!!!
    He was the second vendor I booked (after my venue) bc I wanted to make sure he was available. I have seen him at a few friends' weddings and he is absolutely AMAZING!!! The perfect blend of class, entertainment and professionalism. Worth every penny
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards