New Jersey - South

mini-moon

ANy of you ladies doing a mini-moon???

Like whenever ppl ask me if im going on a honeymoon i say ehh we are just doing something small and it makes me feel so weird lol..

Like we just havent decided where we want to go yet and like i wasnt working before so we were just going to wait till next yr and now i have a job so we can actually do something small and then do something big next yr...

hmmmm

Re: mini-moon

• edited December 2011
    My coworker is doing a mini-moon this week in Ghettysburg!  Her father just passed away, her new BIL is sick and they were financially strained so they just decided to do a mini-trip now and wait until the 1yr anniversary to do something bigger.

Dont feel wierd about taking a smaller vacation.  Its very smart and mature of you guys to wait.

If FILs didn't volunteer to pay for our honeymoon (they're paying for the HM and rehearsal dinner), then we wouldn't be going away either! 
  • Kim84mKim84m member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I know lots of people that don't even go on a honeymoon at all for a year because of how expensive weddings get.  We are doing a very small wedding and then a 3 day honeymoon to Lake George NY.  Then hopefully next year we'll do a "real honeymoon."
  • SunRun11SunRun11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it's much more common than people realize.  My girlfriend and her husband couldn't go away right after their early September wedding because she is a teacher...but they had 6 months to save up for an awesome trip to South America during her spring break!  Don't feel weird...it's your day, your life, and your choice!
  • edited December 2011
    We didn't do anything after the wedding. I took the week off and Tim went back to work.

We couldn't decide where to go, so we just didn't go anywhere. We're probably going to go back to Las Vegas at some point this year.
  • lmparlettlmparlett member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have more friends that have done the 'mini-moon' than a regular honeymoon I think!  My FI's cousin got married in Sept, and being a teacher, couldn't take a real honeymoon, so they went to the Adirondiaks (sp?) for a few days.  Then went to Hawaii over Xmas break to visit her sister.

GL deciding!
    Photobucket Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    ok thanks ladies!!! now i feel better about it now.

jen --thats how it was going to be he took the week after the wedding off and i was going to go back to work but i decided to take the week off myself ..

so thanks for helping me decide ladies , we will do the big one next yr then yay!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    So you'll have a honeymoon at home  :)
  • edited December 2011
    well i decided im getting a hotel room the night of and then im just staying in AC for the week well a few days. its not the most glamours lol but i love shopping i AC haha but im going to save up and go to central america next yr .. yay!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards