New Jersey - South

Good makeup artist for African-American bride...

I'm kind of leery about getting a makeup artist that doesn't have any experience with black people's skin. Would it make a difference?? Does anyone know a good one??

Re: Good makeup artist for African-American bride...

• edited December 2011
    I'm kind of shocked you asked does it make a difference, umm yes it's a big difference. I can't suggest any in the area I've used personally but I think you should try Cherryhill Mall and go to the MAC counter and see one of the African American makeup artist.I personally would only use a Caucasian artist whom is familiar with our skin tones.Foundation alone is tricky. Hope this helps you.
    Once in awhile,right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale. Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Blush from Blush & Brushes is African-American and features brides of many ethnicities on her website.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I used Natalie at D'Nicole Salon & Spa in Sewell. Their prices are reasonable and she did a fabulous job on my makeup along with all of my bridesmaids and mother.

I have to note that she provides makeup for women of all races. One of my bridesmaids was caucasian and she did a fabulous job on EVERYONE!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • nacooper25nacooper25 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    you're shocked?? well, I do my own makeup. I've never used a make up artist. So, I wanted to ask to be sure. Thanks!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everybody!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Im mixed and I had all races in my bridal party and I used Brianne from the new jersey makeup artist website.( briannenora.com.) She did an amazing job for my wedding last week and my makeup stayed all night. I thought air brush was better but she definitely proved me wrong. It lasted, never smudged and looked just crazy good all night. Here is a pic of my makeup. She had me send her pics of my face without makeup and the look I was looking for since I lived far away and couldnt make it to NJ to have a trial. She does travel to you if you live in NJ though. Her pices arent bad for what you get either. 
    c
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    awww you look beautiful!! Thanks!! I'll check her out too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards