New Jersey - South

Smithville Inn?????

Anyone have thoughts to share about Smithville Inn? I've seen lovely photos and a great menu, but concerned about pricing....
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Smithville Inn?????

• edited December 2011
    My friend got married there in July and she has nothing but amazing things to say about it. it was absolutely gorgeous.  However, I don't know about the pricing either.
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We are getting married there in July!! I'm so in love with it, iit had everything I'm looking for.

We are paying $84 pp for a 5 hour open bar sit down reception (with a TON of food, esp during cocktail hour) which I thought was super reasonable. THe ceremony was an extra $600 to have it there. However, we booked back in March so I'm sure the pricing went up. If you call/email the event coordinator will mail you a packet with all the information.

When we booked they required 100 people for a Sat wedding, 90 for Friday and 80 for Sunday but max out at 150 people I think, if that helps!

Let me know if you have any other questions!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    My brother is getting married there in December..There prices are extremely reasonable and their service is 2nd to none!

We had our rehearsal dinner there in October and the room was gorgeous...the food was awesome...service was amazing!! I cant say enough about them!!  I would definately recommend them again!!
    BabyFruit Ticker photo dip1004.jpg
  • reliartreliart member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been to a wedding there and it was great! Beautiful main room... they were supposed to get married outside, but it rained that day so they moved into one of the smaller rooms and it was a seamless transition. I am not sure when you are looking, but they are running a special right now til June 30th 2011 - $80 per person, includes free ceremony OR chair covers, 5 hr wedding reception, 4 hr open bar, cocktail hr, champagne toast, multi course dinner and wedding cake. it's a deal!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011

I've attended several weddings there and used to work for Fran, the owner.

Beautiful room, lots of windows overlooking the cobblestone-like cocktail/ceremony area and the lake.  Smithville itself is very charming and surrounded by greenery and makes for very picturesque locations for photos and to impress your guests. 

I'm not sure if Fran still personally handles weddings, but I worked for her in the candle and christmas shoppes that they also own and she has impeccable taste and high standards --- so her servers are always professional and her rooms up to her par! 

I kept to a tighter budget and recently had both a cousin and friend get married there, or I probably would have!

• edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info ladies! We have an appointment tomorrow afternoon!Laughing
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Have fun!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks!!! It's beautiful there!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    yesss tell us how you liked it pleaseeeeeee! lol
    BabyFruit Ticker photo dip1004.jpg
  • JessicaE84JessicaE84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married there in June!!

Heather, the wedding coordinator, is incredibly sweet and helpful. It's such a beautiful space and the pricing is very reasonable.

Have fun at your meeting! You'll love it!
    PhotobucketWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    So loved it! But so much to discuss with pricing, not trying to spend too much! LOVE all the fireplaces and the great bay room.....great photo spots there!

@Jessica: great photo!!! Very original, love it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards