New Jersey - South

Any Fellow Vanity Fare reception brides?

I'm getting married in May in the vanity fare.
We just loved their venue.
5*6*11 I will marry my best friend! Budget Bride that loves DIY! My planning blog- It's a work in progress http://futuremrsd.weebly.com Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Any Fellow Vanity Fare reception brides?

• edited December 2011
    I am getting married there in September. Not only is the venue lovely, but I liked their outdoor area for my ceremony and the fact that the hotel is sharing the parking lot so we do not need limos and guests will not have to drive all over the place to get to each portion of the event. I looked at quite a few places but they were willing to customize their packages to meet MY needs and suit my budget, which nobody else was willing to do. Jen was really easy to work with.

I actually cut out an entire page of pre-dinner appetizers because there would be no way to eat a meal after all that!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • RamonaFlowersRamonaFlowers member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I got married there last January. It was amazing, and I seriously could not find a venue that could beat everything that was included in their price. Everybody there was so nice, and Jen was absolutely wonderful to work with. Friends of mine where married there shortly before that and their wedding was handled by Cory, and he was equally amazing.

*I felt sorry for my husband before I met him. Take a number.*

• nancyrnancyr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Anyone wiling to give us an idea on their price point? Thanks

• RamonaFlowersRamonaFlowers member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We got their "10,000 Dreams" package (Or something like that). It was a 100 guest minimum, $100 per head, but it included:

5 hour open bar reception
    Full sit-down dinner (2 entree options, no extra cost for vegetarian requests. They did not charge extra for prime rib, which a few venues I priced out did, for some reason).
    Cocktail hour with full butler service-I can't even count how many how many kinds of hor d'ourves they had
    Table linens, place settings, center pieces, chair covers (With bows)
    DOC services (The people that work there are super awesome)
    The cake (Which was delicious)
    Free night in their bridal suite (I was also allowed to access to the suite like 4 hours before the wedding so I could get dressed there)
    Also, this package gave us our DJ and Photographer, both of whom were incredibly awesome to work with.

There are a few other packages they offer where you can add extra entree options for dinner, or have a buffet. You can also add on serving stations during cocktail hour (Including sushi and a mash potato bar). And our package only cost as much as it did because it included the DJ and Photographer ... most of the other packages we looked at were like $75-$85 per head.

Also, having the ceremony there is an extra $500. But they set everything up for you (Aisle runner, decor, etc).

On the outside, it really doesn't look like much (I actually was very skeptical going in), but in the inside, it's really nice place, and it was perfect for me because I wanted a nice wedding, but wasn't interested in fussing over details. They did a lot of the work for us ... we pretty much only needed to invite people, get dressed and show up. I loved it! I had such a great experience, I seriously tell everybody to at the very least check them out.

*I felt sorry for my husband before I met him. Take a number.*

• edited December 2011
    For the ceremony they are charging me $3 per person extra and I worked out a package with them that came out to about $92/head including all the taxes and stuff.
    5 hours open bar
    chocolate fountain at dessert
    cocktail hour
    butlered h'ors d'orves
    cake
    table cloths/chair covers
    silk centerpieces (I might make my own instead)
    fresh salad display
    table service dinner
    etc etc.

The other places I looked at cost that much and more and included half of the services.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married there in December and I've worked mostly with Amy.  She is great to work with and Jen too
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards