Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

How to spruce up ceremony space?

I am having my ceremony and reception in the same place (they switch the room around while we do a receiving line in the foyer). As you can see from the picture below, it's pretty bland. I will be having ivory chair covers. I will not be using the fake trees, but will be having two large floral arrangements, but I feel it's not enough. I've asked and I'm not allowed to use flower petals on the floor. Any suggestions on how to make the space a little nicer?

Re: How to spruce up ceremony space?

• I would like to spend no more than $1K and colours are navy blue and silver with a hint of ivory.

• Could you drape navy sheer panels over the white sheers they already have? Attach petals to an aisle runner, something like this   http://www.petalhappy.com/? Incorporate your center pieces as part of the ceremony decor?
    I was trying to think of things that wouldn't make flipping the rom take longer.
  • Thanks for the ideas ladies! I think the chair covers already have sashes on them, but will ask the hall. I love the idea about the petal isle runner. I will have to see if anyone near me has something like that. Great idea about using the centerpieces to line the aisle if I can't find the petal runner :) This is all much appreciated!
  • Thanks for the ideas ladies! I think the chair covers already have sashes on them, but will ask the hall. I love the idea about the petal isle runner. I will have to see if anyone near me has something like that. Great idea about using the centerpieces to line the aisle if I can't find the petal runner :) This is all much appreciated!
  • Is there anyway to hang things? There are some gorgeous pics of flower canopy type things on google. Maybe an arch at the end decorated with flowers for you to stand under? Hmm, that's all I can think for now. Do you have a planner or vendor bringing in the chair covers? You could see if they offer any extra decoration services?
  • You could decorate the chairs a bit more than just chair covers, at the least the front row chairs.

Ideas include:

Lanterns with ribbons to hang them on the chair knobs/back

Ribbon garland or rows of ribbons, curling ribbon or wide flat rows sewn together into a kind of hanging flag

Flower swags (real, silk, or paper - real would be lovely)

Clear / tulle netting spray adhesive with flower petals, confetti, or sequins, in swags over the backs of the chairs (navy blue, gold, ivory-shimmy confetti or glitter on shimmery tulle?)

real lavender and lavender rose hips or rose petals sewn into semi-transparent netting or gauzy fabric, as "chair pads"

And/or you could embellish the white back drop by:

hanging battery operated twinkle lights downwards in rows (hang off a small, long metal curtain rod that is way at the top, held up with small hooks - ask them if this is ok)

hang ribbons in huge long strips (again, dowl or curtain rod)

garlands (either fresh green ones or floral/green)

a bunch of metallic and pearlescent balloons floor to ceiling

projection (use an LED projector) onto the white backdrop - HIRE A LIGHTING TEAM - they can work with you on this, either use a go-bo (the kind that does a shape such as monograms or stars) ...

I attach an image of the last idea, as it's my favorite.  This was done on a ceiling but this is what I mean. You should absolutely be able to hire a lighting team to work your entire event for that budget and they will transform the space (just as the event staff would) for the transition, so that not only will your space look 'special' for the ceremony, but the characteristics will be so different because of the lighting that the fact that this is the same room will be less of an issue as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards