Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Unique ceremony idea

Im getting married July 2010. My colors are black & hot pink  Im having a chruch ceremony. Im really trying to think out of the box and do a ceremony thats different & unique. I been to plenty of the traditional weddings. So I want to do mine not so traditional. I dont want the bows on the pews, Instead Im having glass vases with pink rose petals going down the aisle. Im unsure whether or not to keep my runner down the whole time. I have a harpist playing the music & im also using praise dancers after mother's walk down. Any other  unique ceremony ideas??? and should I leave my aisle runner down. It look so pretty with the vases & petals going down, and I dont really care that people walk down before me since the flower girls will put flowers down for me. Any ideas 

Re: Unique ceremony idea

• Hang out on the July board and lurk on some of the other boards.  You'll learn a lot about what other people are doing.

I don't know what uneek ideas you're looking for - I'm not doing an aisle runner, so I guess that makes me uneek too.

Generally, you can do what you want about the aisle runner, but I think as a guest I wouldn't want to step on it before the bride does - that may be confusing for some. 
  • I wouldn't have glass vases on the floor down the aisle.  There's a very good chance that they will get knocked over as guests arrive, or as you walk down the aisle.

Frankly, there's little that you can do that's truly "unique".  And asking for ideas on an internet forum pretty much guarantees that what you do won't be "unique", although it might be unusual in your circle/area.

FWIW:  I work in a church as an organist.  And while certain elements of a ceremony can be tailored to the couple, there are other elements that cannot/should not.

In our denomination, a wedding is considered a worship service, and must reflect the dignity and sanctity of a worshipful experience.  Of course people are happy, cheerful, laughing (but we do that during worship too), but I can tell you that the oft-played youtube "Dance down the aisle" would not be allowed.

You can work unique into your reception easily.  But be sure that your church and minister/priest are comfortable with "unique" ideas that you might have for the ceremony.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • loveslugloveslug member
    First Comment
    edited April 2010
    We had glass vases set along the aisle at each row of seats (26 vases altogether), with glass rocks and a few gerbera daisies and curly ting in them-they were very pretty, and not a single one got knocked over (even with 4 or 5 preschool aged boys at the ceremony!)  We did not have an aisle runner, either, just the pretty wood floor.

My suggestion to you would be to focus less on being 'unique' and more about being 'you', which I am certain is already pretty unique!  :)  I would rather have people saying, 'wow, that wedding was so perfect for Apryl and her FI' than 'wow, that wedding sure was different'! 

Good luck, and have fun planning!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards