New Jersey - South

Reception ideas??

I'm having trouble finding what I want in the price range that I can afford. Part of my problem is that I have champagne taste on a beer budget. We are thinking of having a brunch reception for 65 ppl on a Sunday. Does anyone know of any reasonably priced places where we can have a ceremony and brunch reception?

The other alternative would be to get married and then take everyone to a nice restaurant. Has anyone done this? I don't know how I feel about it, but it definitely seems like a more economical option.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated Smile

Re: Reception ideas??

• reliartreliart member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's the way my parents did their wedding reception. They were short on money, so they just took people to a restaurant. 42 years later, they are still going strong!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • coraloccoraloc member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out the Harbour Club in Palmyra.  You'll have to pay for catering but you can rent the clubhouse for cheap.

Also Castle Caterers in Delran is reasonably-priced and you can have your ceremony there too.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not sure how far you are willing to travel/where you are from, or exactly what your budget is - but there is a place called The Mill at Spring Lake Heights, it is right on a lake and they do a champagne brunch reception option which is $65. They also have non-brunch weddings that start at $75 per person.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Not sure where you are located but when we looked at venues Brigalias in Sicklerville was very reasonable and so was The Castle in Delran.
  • edited December 2011
    If you find a venue that you really like but don't meet their min. ask if you could have it lowered since it is a Sunday.  We did that and they gladly lowered since we're planning on having it on a friday night.  You could save money by renting out a VFW or something for the reception?  You can get estimates from caterers that way, and as far as alcohol - you buy it and control what and how much you spend.  A smaller venue that is really reasonable with good food is Close Encounters in Brick.  You can't have a ceremony there really because it's just one room but the chef and mgr are really nice and it's extremely reasonably priced.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards