New Jersey - South

Looking for reasonably priced halls/venues in Burlington County area

Hello. My fiance and I are looking to get married 06/30/13. I have no desire for an extravagant wedding and am keeping costs to a bare minumum. My friend, who is an ordained minister, will be performing the ceremony. I love to bake and will be making our cake. We don't want the reception catered - we've got friends who are professional chefs who can take care of the menu. We considered just having it in our backyard, but we don't want our house to be wrecked. Has anyone used a firehall, VFW, or lodge and what was their charge? What about state parks or any other outdoor locations? We're open to any and all suggestions.

Re: Looking for reasonably priced halls/venues in Burlington County area

• elisamarie19elisamarie19 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited July 2012
    I'm sure some of the parks in Burlington County have pavillion areas. Here is a link you could check out and on the left side there is a pavillion reservation calendar:

<a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.co.burlington.nj.us/pages/viewdepartment.aspx?did=47">http://www.co.burlington.nj.us/pages/viewdepartment.aspx?did=47</a>

I don't have any info. on halls/lodges, etc...but good luck!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_looking-for-reasonably-priced-hallsvenues-in-burlington-county-area?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:128Discussion:5b574464-edc7-46e2-9652-cecff8c6f644Post:d5125ff0-daa9-4350-90c2-75334d3bcbec">Looking for reasonably priced halls/venues in Burlington County area</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello. My fiance and I are looking to get married 06/30/13. I have no desire for an extravagant wedding and am keeping costs to a bare minumum. My friend, who is an ordained minister, will be performing the ceremony. I love to bake and will be making our cake. We don't want the reception catered - we've got friends who are professional chefs who can take care of the menu. We considered just having it in our backyard, but we don't want our house to be wrecked. Has anyone used a firehall, VFW, or lodge and what was their charge? What about state parks or any other outdoor locations? We're open to any and all suggestions.
    Posted by nichole5979[/QUOTE]
  • <div>Before I changed my venue, I was going to have my reception at the VFW. The one I planned on had a park next to it so I was just going to have the ceremony in the park. For four hours, the charge for the hall was going to be $175 for a Sunday, plus $7-$10 per person depending on your liquor needs. For a Saturday wedding, I believe it was going to be about $350 or $375 for four hours, and for Friday I think it was about $250. I put a deposit down of $100 and I would have owed them the remainder on the day of the event.

My FFIL found a golf club that is going to do it for about the same price I was going to spend, so obviously I'm going with the venue that will do all the work for me for the same price! The VFW was perfectly fine for me though, and all my friends and family are very laid-back so I know it would have been a lot of fun there! Good luck!! :)</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_looking-for-reasonably-priced-hallsvenues-in-burlington-county-area?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:128Discussion:5b574464-edc7-46e2-9652-cecff8c6f644Post:d5125ff0-daa9-4350-90c2-75334d3bcbec">Looking for reasonably priced halls/venues in Burlington County area</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello. My fiance and I are looking to get married 06/30/13. I have no desire for an extravagant wedding and am keeping costs to a bare minumum. My friend, who is an ordained minister, will be performing the ceremony. I love to bake and will be making our cake. We don't want the reception catered - we've got friends who are professional chefs who can take care of the menu. We considered just having it in our backyard, but we don't want our house to be wrecked. Has anyone used a firehall, VFW, or lodge and what was their charge? What about state parks or any other outdoor locations? We're open to any and all suggestions.
    Posted by nichole5979[/QUOTE]
  • I'm having my wedding at Camp Ockanickon in Medford, NJ. We are doing an entire weekend retreat style wedding. They are EXTREMELY flexible in allowing us to bring our own alcohol,and we can do whatever we want with food from using their catering options to cooking our own food if we wanted.

Beatiful lakeside outdoor location for our ceremony.  

Only problem is I'm thinking June 30th may not work for them since its in the middle of the summer and they are a camp.  If you were at all flexible on the date might be worth checking out and I dunno who knows maybe they are able to rent out certain portions of the camp in the summer still.

To give an idea of pricing we are booking a full weekend Friday-Sunday and it i $100 per person including dinner Friday, brunch on Saturday and brunch on Sunday and also includes all seasonal programming (ie- we are having ropes course, kayaking and such).  We will have to do a seperate contract for the reception dinner (somewhere between $15/25 per person I think they had said for the catering by them).  Now also for the $100 per person for the weekend those that stay for the weekend will also be making reservations to stay at the camp directly with the camp and what they pay will be deducted from that $100 if that makes sense.  We are going to cover some of that price (it may be something like $20 a night per person for those that decide to stay).   

So pricing would be different for just renting for the day I'm sure but just wanted to give you a reference point.  It may be just a set fee to rent the dining hall area out for the evening and than bring all your own stuff. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards