New Jersey - South
Options

Tight budget! Question about tent rentals

Recently engaged. Fiance and I both agree about spending around 5-6k on the wedding. So right now we're leaning towards having the reception in a backyard and doing most of the work ourselves (meaning me! haha). 

So the question is, does anyone have any experience with renting a tent? I'm looking to fit around 80-100 people in it so what size would we need and what would the costs be around??

We live in Atlantic county if they means anything.

Re: Tight budget! Question about tent rentals

• Options
    Congrats on your engagement!  You can certainly have a nice wedding with your budget.  I'm not too familiar with tent rentals, especially in your area. 

But I would ask you if you have ever prepared food for that many people before?  I have and it can be overwhelming if its not something you are used to.  And with it being your wedding day, that will just add to everything!  Then you would have to worry about keeping the food warmed properly or putting more food out when things get low.
  • Options
    We originally planned the same sort of thing, a quaint backyard wedding.

However when we did the math on the cost of rentals, catering, etc. thought about the bathroom situation and what not it began to scare me!

So instead of a fall wedding, we found a hotel with a very resonable rate for a Saturday day time wedding in February 2013.  Our final bill for 115 people is $7500.

I can also recommend an amazing photographer that is costing us less than $1000 (we plan on ordering our own albums and instead are ordering the DVD of all of our photos for $200 included in the less than $1000 cost above.

You may just want to take a look around before settling on a tent wedding.  It's a lot of work!!

Just a suggestion of course!

Lisa
  • Options
    Lisa, 
    Could you please give me the name and contact info of the photographer you mentioned. Thanks in advance.

• Options
    Hi Busymom22 - sent a private message!!
  • Options
    Masso's in Clayton does a very reasonable tent package, the only thing is I don't know how far they will go outside of Gloucester County.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    BTW I think backyard weddings are AWESOME! It was on my short list for sure.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The bathroom issue can be overwhelming. I know one of my friends go married at a B&B and they (even though they had multiple bathrooms) did not want to have guests tramping in and out and they had to rent bathrooms. Definitely not something I want to deal with, and renting a tent is never inexpensive especially if you have to heat or cool it, and don't forget you'll need to hook up to a power source of some sort.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards