New Jersey - South

July or August for a Wedding date>>>>>

IM trying to figure out when to have my wedding, and I know its going to be in either july or august, i know HOT! but get a better rate and thats a better time for us, does anyone have any suggestions whether july or august? Thanks

Re: July or August for a Wedding date>>>>>

• missab2689missab2689 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Both months are going to be the about the same rate at most locations, because they consider form April until September prime wedding season so the prices are always higher.  I know that is why I picked to have mine in March, because I am saving over $20pp because it is 'off season' But I would stick with the end of August becasue it is closer to the end 'on season' so you can work on a better price.  Good Luck Laughing
  • TaraLeah3776TaraLeah3776 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been to a few July weddings and while they were hot they weren't unbearable.  You never really know what the weather will be like in New Jersey anyway!  You could have a beautiful August day like yesterday
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • OliveOilsMomOliveOilsMom member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    My friend had a beach wedding last July, in Sea Girt.  We were only outside during the ceremony.  The remainder of the event took place indoors.  If you are set on an outside wedding, that would be the only reason you would need to worry about the weather.  If you are doing everything indoors, there shouldn't be much to worry about. 

Good luck planning!
  • edited December 2011
    Both months have the potential to be very hot but yet again this is Jersey we are talking about it could be any type of weather on any day :0). If you do a later ceremony time it may be alot cooler than a 12 noon ceremony. I myself am a July bride and picked a later ceremony to beat the heat. If it's better time for your budget go for it but keep the location and time in mind for guests comfortability.
    Once in awhile,right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale. Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • edited December 2011

Some locations will discount for July and August. Most of the locations we looked at did, and some discounted August more than July.

• edited December 2011
    I would go for late August. During the day it's usually hot, but gets cooler and breezier in the evening!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards